• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Time Warner adds six new HD channels in Augusta, Maine

Started by RLJSlick, Friday Dec 21, 2007, 08:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLJSlick

Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

klwillis45

We already have HGTV HD but I'll gladly take the other 5.

gparris

Thanks for posting, RLJSlick, looks as if TWC Maine has almost everything on the list (see my signature)!
-but with these new 6 HD channels added it makes a total of nine of the twelve on the list that are now available there, for TWC-Maine - has done a great job of additions!
Note: TWC Maine already had MHD, CinemaxHD and StarzHD in its system!

So...do they have SDV in their system (TWC Wisconsin's "excuse" for not having these HD channels added)?
I'd bet TWC Maine does not, its just TWC Wisconsin again, ripping off its HD subscribers!:mad:

Come on, TWC Wisconsin Management:
How many HDTV (and HD subs) do YOU think MAINE has?
- LESS than Milwaukee!:D

RLJSlick

It drive me nuts seeing other TWC cities getting HD channels that we don't and my not have for months.
Ricky
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD

gparris

Quote from: RLJSlick;43293It drive me nuts seeing other TWC cities getting HD channels that we don't and my not have for months.

Ricky, it is driving more than you and me "nuts" about it.:D
Other subs are getting wise and those with new HDTVs bought for the holidays and upcoming games are getting satellite or U-Verse (if available), instead.

It's a ripoff paying for another price increase and not getting the other 10-12 HD channels many other TWC locations are getting.
Then listening to the BS excuses from TWC Wisconsin on top of that mixed in with TWC telemarketer calls (ex: "10+ HD channels in October", etc.).:mad:

RLJSlick

I know one thing I went over to a co-workers house to watch NFL on U-Verse, it wasn't that great either, it was maybe the weather, I don't know, but **** kept dropping out on it, sound and picture.  I think I maybe wait and get Direct TV.
As far as TWC, I have so giving up on them it's not even funny. It's not if it's just when for me.

Quote from: gparris;43304Ricky, it is driving more than you and me "nuts" about it.:D
Other subs are getting wise and those with new HDTVs bought for the holidays and upcoming games are getting satellite or U-Verse (if available), instead.

It's a ripoff paying for another price increase and not getting the other 10-12 HD channels many other TWC locations are getting.
Then listening to the BS excuses from TWC Wisconsin on top of that mixed in with TWC telemarketer calls (ex: "10+ HD channels in October", etc.).:mad:
Ricky
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD

gparris

TWC Wisconsin has developed quite a recipe for subscribers:

-Take a very limited HD channel selection, add very little at a time (one or two, if subs get "lucky")
-Mix in a few deceptions (telemarketer calls) as to when more are coming to subscriber inquires
-Blend in Navigator before it is fixed and make paying subscribers the "guinea pigs"
-Then let this "cook" to insure increased cable box dropoffs at offices and kiosks
-Wait until most other TWC locations have 50% more in HD channels for selection
  (than your location, in a time when demand is high/HDTV sales climb)
-Mix well with a price increase for 2008
-Make bundled services your location's "savior" instead of HD-channel availability
-Knock down the competition as a way of keeping subscribers, try to make deceptive claims
-See if the current batch of HD subscribers will keep coming back for more!

Ricky, if I have left anything out, chime in, okay?

Bebop

Quote from: RLJSlick;43309I know one thing I went over to a co-workers house to watch NFL on U-Verse, it wasn't that great either, it was maybe the weather, I don't know, but **** kept dropping out on it, sound and picture.  I think I maybe wait and get Direct TV.
As far as TWC, I have so giving up on them it's not even funny. It's not if it's just when for me.
If it was Saturday's game. It was fine on DirecTV.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

RLJSlick

I think you've covered it about as good as it can be covered! :D

What's amazing, they also have their employees believe this crap. I talked to one of the disillusioned today at the Regency Mall, and he swear that TWC is working hard on bring us more HD, and and better customer service.  I asked him if he realized that he works for a cable company that has the worst customer service in all the industry, and he said he knew that,  and so did TWC and that  they are working on having a much more robust support staff that can answer questions quicker.
I told them,  that is the same thing I heard last year from the one of them at the booth of disillusion, and that I never saw that person again at that booth. Told him "Good Luck"
I think I will try South Ridge next. LOL

Quote from: gparris;43310TWC Wisconsin has developed quite a recipe for subscribers:

-Take a very limited HD channel selection, add very little at a time (one or two, if subs get "lucky")
-Mix in a few deceptions (telemarketer calls) as to when more are coming to subscriber inquires
-Blend in Navigator before it is fixed and make paying subscribers the "guinea pigs"
-Then let this "cook" to insure increased cable box dropoffs at offices and kiosks
-Wait until most other TWC locations have 50% more in HD channels for selection
  (than your location, in a time when demand is high/HDTV sales climb)
-Mix well with a price increase for 2008
-Make bundled services your location's "savior" instead of HD-channel availability
-Knock down the competition as a way of keeping subscribers, try to make deceptive claims
-See if the current batch of HD subscribers will keep coming back for more!

Ricky, if I have left anything out, chime in, okay?
Ricky
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD

gb4fan92

Quote from: RLJSlick;43316I think I will try South Ridge next. LOL

Don't waste your time! Try Direct TV next!!  Look at all your recent posts! You are a man who needs a change for the better!! I done it and am not looking back!!

RLJSlick

Oh I agree Ken, as soon as I can buy this piece of land behind my house, I'm all over it.  LOL

Quote from: gb4fan92;43322Don't waste your time! Try Direct TV next!!  Look at all your recent posts! You are a man who needs a change for the better!! I done it and am not looking back!!
Ricky
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD

gparris

So you need to get some extra land for the Directv dish setup due to trees being in the way? Okay.:huh?:

As TWC keeps adding HD channels more and more in other locations of the country but not here :
Wisconsin TWC seems to be working that "recipe" pretty well here, very sad, like it wants to fail.

I'll bet Directv won't be coming to your place any time too soon, eh?:D

Tom Snyder

QuoteDirectv dish setup due to trees being in the way?
So there isn't any place on your entire property? Y'know, the dish doesn't have to be mounted on your house. We've lived in a couple wooded subdivisions, and have seen people put dishes on posts some distance from their homes near the street, in a clearing, or mounted them on the North side of the house and shoot a path over their roof from that side.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

gparris

Quote from: gb4fan92;43322Don't waste your time! Try Direct TV next!!  Look at all your recent posts! You are a man who needs a change for the better!! I done it and am not looking back!!

Yeah, the spouse and I are debating whether or not CBSHD (due to those HR21's that Directv keeps dumping on new subscribers), will be worth not having for recording.
With few TWC HD channels and its "Crapagator" DVR system coming, its not an "if" anymore but a "when" for a DirectvHD switchover.

We are trying to find a place in our backyard for dish placement to keep it aligned and snow/ice free vs. a two-story roof line (roof mount).
In the beginning, TWC's HD DVRs were great with Aptiv's Passport and had great pricing, but TWC wants to dump a good thing.

Directv's HD DVR model HR21 seems to be the better bet for now and later and the D11 sat is coming soon...not soon enough, though.
It would be great to be part of Chicago's DMA and get all five HD locals, or even CBSHD NYC but I know either won't happen.:(