• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

What do you do with a broken 32" television?

Started by DooMer_MP3, Wednesday Dec 19, 2007, 11:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DooMer_MP3

I have a Toshiba Cinema Series 32" flat screen tube TV that has broken vertical steering circuitry. It was too much to fix, so we want to get rid of it. Is there a way to have this thing picked up for little to no money? The guy that looked at it said its a pretty damn good set. I imagine some repair shop could use it as a parts TV as well. Do any local schools take them for their students to work on?

Dan the Man

I have an old Hitachi 19" tube set that doesn't work also. It's from like the late 80's.

Anyone want it?

Best place to ditch it is?

Thanks!

jjallou

You could put it on Craigslist Milwaukee under the free heading.

jkane

Set it out on your street on trash day.  Our village trash guys will take 'em.

HDefinicktion

I always put things like that up on Craigslist...you would be surprised the things people will take when they are free.

Dan the Man

Twice - and no one wanted it. I thought it would work since I had sold a 16 year old used sink and faucet from my kitchen for $60 on it.

No takers, oh so sad. Anyone need a boat anchor?

Bebop

Get rid of a 32" is easy, but how about a 46" RPTV?

I'm tempted to leave it on the curb during garbage pick to find out what happens.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

bubbaridesfast

Quote from: Bebop;43223Get rid of a 32" is easy, but how about a 46" RPTV?

I'm tempted to leave it on the curb during garbage pick to find out what happens.

Should work. In our neighborhood (Greenfield) there is always some one in an ancient pick-up truck that makes the rounds before the trashman and anything from water heaters to sofas usually gets pick up, otherwise we have to call for a special pick-up if it's too large for the garbage man to lift.

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

DooMer_MP3

BTW, my dad saw an ad in the Journal Sentinel for a person that actually pays for old/broken TVs, as long as you have a remote/manual. I gave him a call, we'll see what happens. Number is 414-768-0901.