• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

PBS HD coming to D* in 2008

Started by Tom Snyder, Monday Dec 24, 2007, 08:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Washington, D.C. (December 19, 2007) -- DIRECTV next year will begin offering PBS stations in High-Definition.

The satcaster and the Association of Public Television Stations announced an agreement today that will enable the carriage.

Until now, DIRECTV offered the standard-def PBS signals in most markets, but not the high-def channels.

DIRECTV said the local PBS HD feeds will be included in its expanded rollout of local HD channels in 2008.

DIRECTV currently offers local HD programming in 68 markets, representing more than 72 percent of U.S.  

http://www.tvpredictions.com/dpbs121907.htm
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Bebop

I hope it's a national feed that doesn't require getting the local channels package.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

gparris

Quote from: Bebop;43351I hope it's a national feed that doesn't require getting the local channels package.

Local Channels package?
Directv offers local SD channels included with every package at no extra charge and any HD channels are automatically included in the HD access fee when you activate a HD box for $9.99.

Dishnetwork is the service that has you pay and the extra amount monthly for its SD locals-only.
Locally, Dishnetwork does not offer any HD locals, maybe I don't understand your reply.

Bebop

I'm still grandfathered with no locals, too cheap to pay the $5.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun