• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Nice places for X-mas (Holiday) party

Started by Dan the Man, Wednesday Dec 19, 2007, 07:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan the Man

Looking ahead to next year, I thought I would float a question out there to everyone.

If you had a nice corporate holiday party somewhere I would love to hear about it so I could have some ideas for next year. We are a small office of 20-25 people.

Our general needs:

Metro Milwaukee area
     40-50 people range
     Private Room preferred
     Good food and drinks (obviously)

It's never to early to plan ahead!

Thanks.

viva-vegas

Merry Christmas Dan,

Our small business is heading to Flemings in Brookfield for our party this year (~10 people), this is a manageable check with our small crowd.

My wifes company is EXTREMELY generous for their holiday parties, this year it was held at the American Club in Kohler (with rooms provided by company). I can only imagine what that cost this Muskego-based business with approx. 50 employees. Previous years parties were held at the Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva and The Abbey in Fontana (nice wide screen TVs, but no HD signal to keep this board related).

Looking ahead, we will likely be looking at something like "iPic Entertainment" at Bayshore - http://www.ipicentertainment.com/ - As the demographics of our growing company are leaning younger each year. Plus, I need to check out what a "65 Foot High Definition Video Wall" looks like :rock:

Anyway, good mindless topic as we settle into the Holiday Hiatus around the office. Would be interested to hear where others have their parties?

Cheers...

Craig

Tom Snyder

Amici's in Richfield is a nicely remodeled Italian restaurant in a 100 year old building, with a party/banquest room with its own bar upstairs (elevator accessible.. great for handicapped folks to get up there, and drunk people to come down). The room will fit a group your size nicely. Only about 5 minutes off the freeway (Holy Hill Road exit), so while it's out in the boonies, it's easy to get to.

If you call to inquire, ask for Kara, the manager. Tell her I told you about the place, and she'll take good care of you. :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

bubbaridesfast

What's a Holiday Party? Perhaps someone could explain the concept to my boss. We have never had one in the 27 years I have worked here.{fart}

As employees, we used to collect money from each other every month to have our own and to buy gifts for those who got sick or retired etc. but that fell apart after awhile.

Bigdog

Last year, my work had their's at Comedy Sportz and it was great. They had it catered and we had our own room. Winning a PS3 didn't hurt either :D