• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

How much FOX news is too much???

Started by Dan the Man, Thursday Dec 06, 2007, 11:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan the Man

OK, I'm not being critical of the anchors, reporters, staff or any other part of the FOX 6 news team, but I have to comment on the recent announcement I just heard.... FOX 6 news at noon is no longer on, because the news will now start at 11:00 AM and go for a full hour.

Lets review here. The FOX 6 morning news is on from 5-9 AM. Then we will now have FOX 6 news from 11 AM-12 PM. Then we have FOX 6 news from 5-6:30 PM. Finally we have the FOX 6 news from 9-10:30 PM.

This all adds up to:

4+1+1.5+1.5 = 8 hours

The total clock time from start to finish is 17.5 hours. 46% of this 17.5 hours is NEWS TIME. Over a 24 hour period, it amounts to 33.33% of the total programming day.

Most of the 5-9 AM news really can fit into a 30 minute block. They just keep doing the same thing 8 times. Really, how many times do we need to see Gus at the Domes, Justin at some gas station talking about the snow or Rob tell us that today is "National post-it note day"?

FOX 6: Hello McFly, we have enough news already!:bang:

P.S. We don't need more Judge Judy, Judge Brown, Judge Wapner or any other lousy daytime shows either.

Thanks for listening to me rant!

Bebop

Maybe it's cheaper to produce local news than buying syndicated shows.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun