• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Locals in HD on Dish Network?

Started by Warrior, Sunday Nov 25, 2007, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warrior

Has anyone heard word of Dish Network offering Milwaukee locals in HD?
From everything that I have read, Milw was on the list to be rolled out in 2006.  It is now almost 2008, and still no dice.

I live in Oconomowoc and haven't had much luck finding a suitable indoor antenna, and honestly would rather not do the outdoor antenna thing.  Also, I refuse to go back to Charter - they were one headache after another.  Dish has worked out great for me, except for this one nuisance.

I called Dish, and they don't have any info to share.  Does anyone else know what the plan is for locals in HD?

Thanks

tbarney

I've sent them this question a couple times and I've heard nothing in response. I even pointed out that Directv offeres some of them in HD and it still did not get me a response other than something like "we are always looking for ways to improve our programming packages..." blah blah blah.

I'm in Germantown and I have an antenna in the attic pointed back at Milwaukee. I get all of the Milwaukee locals at about 90% signal or higher on most days. I can even get a Fox station out of Michigan (Fox 17) on a good day.  

According to antennaweb.org your location might be able to get HD locals from Madison, Janesville, and Milwaukee. It all depends on your antenna setup but I think Milwaukee is absolutely in range for you if you get your antenna up in the air a bit.

Warrior

Thank you for the response tbarney.

If anyone would like to join us in contacting Dish Network, you can email them at:

FeedBack@customermail.dishnetwork.com

If you could, please make a suggestion to have them offer Milwaukee locals in HD.  I don't know if it will do any good, but it can't hurt.

Thanks