News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HD-A2: $99 at Walmart, 11/2/07 Only!

Started by SRW1000, Thursday Nov 01, 2007, 12:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

Quote from: Dan the Man;42115I told him there was no such thing as a BlueRay TV. I could be wrong,  but I don't think so.
No, there's no such thing as a Blu-ray TV.  But I don't think Sony would mind if people thought all of theirs were Blu-ray ready.  :D

Scott

gparris

:rolleyes: Welcome to "Misinformation City"

There is no such thing as a "Blu-ray TV" or any other variant.
To get the best picture out of a Blu-ray disc playing in a Blu-ray player, the preferred connection is an HDMI cable from player to HDTV so equipped.
Set the player to either 1080i output or 1080p output.
Then let the 1080i or 1080p output to the display (be it LCD, DLP, LCoS or plasma/LCD panel) do its work.
You can watch HDTV at its very best with either format, HD DVD or Blu-ray, just make sure your connection is at least component video set at 720p or 1080i output to the display or HDMI set to 1080i or 1080p, your choice.
Some set their HD-A2 (HD DVD 1080i only) or Sony S300 (Blu-ray) players to output 1080i and let their HDTV set do the conversion with no visible loss.
It comes out the very best it can - either way - on ANY display, as long it can display 720p or 1080i/p.

bubbaridesfast

Next people will try to buy Blue-Tooth TV sets!:D

Johnny Legion

I talked to Walmart this morning and found out that they will be hosting these types of specials in electronics every week up to Xmas. HD-DVD was just the first of many, and the employees won't know until next Friday what the special is on sale.

Blitzburgh

Is it really worth it since they will be obsolete?

SRW1000

Quote from: Blitzburgh;42132Is it really worth it since they will be obsolete?
There's no indication that these will be obsolete anytime soon.  Given the success of this latest promotion, I wouldn't vote against the format.

People on this forum want to see HD, and they want to see HD now.  This player is an amazingly affordable way to do that.  Considering that you get five free movies with a $98 player, it's the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to jump into prerecorded HDM with almost no risk.

Congratulations to everyone that got in on this deal.  I hope you get many, many hours of enjoyment from your purchase.  I know that I have with my mine.

Scott

flash

Quote from: Blitzburgh;42132Is it really worth it since they will be obsolete?
My SD DVD was going really bad and I had to replace it so for $98 I couldn't go wrong....... and 5 HD DVD's to boot.

gparris

For those who had a PS3 or some other BD player, the HD-A2 for less than $200 or even less than $100 was a way to go "format neutral".
Those looking to see what the big deal was with HD DVDs, got a chance, finally.

Good for them, no big loss and with five free HD DVDs ($25-30 each x 5)
- almost a "no-brainer" as it made the player like...free!:rock:

Ralph Kramden

Damn right it's worth it. The player is basically free. Most of the HD-DVD's are at least $20. $20 X 5 = $100.