News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Road Runner Problem?

Started by Bebop, Tuesday Oct 30, 2007, 02:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

Anyone getting intermittent disconnects?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

PaulKTF

Quote from: Bebop;41903Anyone getting intermittent disconnects?

I'm not. Might want to have TWC come over and see if there's something wrong with your modem.
-Paul

jimbop99

No problems here. Its been a little slow now and then.

Bebop

I think it's my router. I'm using a different one right now. If not I'll try changing modem.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

FoF

I've been getting disconnected 4-5 times an hour for the last week.  Are you still having problems, or was it your router?

PaulKTF

Quote from: FoF;42393I've been getting disconnected 4-5 times an hour for the last week.  Are you still having problems, or was it your router?

Wow... That sounds like a problem with your modem. Have you called TWC?
-Paul

flash

Quote from: FoF;42393I've been getting disconnected 4-5 times an hour for the last week.  Are you still having problems, or was it your router?
Have you tried unplugging the power cable to the modem and the router ..........
let them both sit for a minute or so........
then plug them both in and reestablish your internet connection.
If your still having problems, bypass your router and hook the cable modem directly to your computer (DON'T stay connected this way for long because you will be vulnerable to hackers!) If the problem goes away...... your router may need firmware flashing or probably a new router (wireless ones cost ~$20-$50)
If your still having problems, call TWC and have a service technician come out and replace your cable modem.

Bebop

Quote from: Bebop;41935I think it's my router. I'm using a different one right now. If not I'll try changing modem.

It was my router. I did a reset and been working fine ever since.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Tom Snyder

Our office has Business Class, and we've been down for an hour at a time three times in the past two days. My connection today is kludgey, too...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Mark Strube

I have Road Runner Turbo, and it's been unpredictable lately. No big outages, but a lot of random hanging connections.

gparris

My family's company computer system runs on RR Bus class with 2 line DP.
I have trouble staying logged on to this forum everytime and DP sometimes offers no dial tone or connection lately.

LoadStar

No issues at all here. RR (business class) has been rock solid, as was the RR consumer grade line that I had before I upgraded about a year ago. I have never had a single complaint with Road Runner.

... well, no complaints, once I finally got rid of the old 3Com "Sharkfin" HomeConnect modem that I had to start out. Man, that modem was a piece of CRAP! Once I switched to the Motorola Surfboard 5100 that I have now, I've been solid as a rock, other than major metropolitan outages.

gates69

I've been having the same issues for the last 7-10 days.

P.S.-Just got off the line with TWC and they ran a check which showed the signal is too high which can cause you to get bumped off. I already had an appointment set up but I thought if it was a modem issue I could just swap it myself. I guess I will have to wait until Sunday to get the problem looked at.

sarusk

Quote from: Bebop;42397It was my router. I did a reset and been working fine ever since.

I have been having similar problems with my connctivity. I maintain LAN access but the itnernet connection is lost. I simply release/renew the IP on my router and everything is fine again. I had a similar problem a year or so ago. Thinking it was my router, I replaced it. The problem is back now in the last few days. I am using a Linksys Wireless G router. What are you folks using that are having similar problems?

gates69

Quote from: sarusk;42470I have been having similar problems with my connctivity. I maintain LAN access but the itnernet connection is lost. I simply release/renew the IP on my router and everything is fine again. I had a similar problem a year or so ago. Thinking it was my router, I replaced it. The problem is back now in the last few days. I am using a Linksys Wireless G router. What are you folks using that are having similar problems?

I would call TWC and they can run a check over the phone. I'm thinking the problem is on their end since it's happening to more than one person. I don't think it's an equipment issue.