• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

More Directv HD channel additions today

Started by gparris, Monday Oct 15, 2007, 09:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

According to EngadgetHD (see link on this forum's main page), more Directv HD channels were added:
Fox Business Network (359)
HGTV HD (229-1)
FX HD (248)
Speed Network HD (607)
Fuel HD (612)
The Cartoon Network (296)

For those with this service, check to make sure your DirectvHD boxes are delivering these.
Some of my family and friends had to do some work to get their 5LNB dishes aligned, boxes set and BBC's situated;
While others "in the loop" got more reason to celebrate having DirectvHD in their homes than ever today...enjoy!:rock:

Steve Mann

Quote from: gparris;41473According to EngadgetHD (see link on this forum's main page), more Directv HD channels were added:
Fox Business Network (359)
HGTV HD (229-1)
FX HD (248)
Speed Network HD (607)
Fuel HD (612)
The Cartoon Network (296)

The new season of 'The Shield' on FX in HD should be great!
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

murdoc

Funny that Speed HD was launched by D* when Speed HD isn't even broadcasting.  I read on Speed's website, they have no plans to broadcast in HD until early February 2008. :huh?:

Talos4

Quote from: murdoc;41486Funny that Speed HD was launched by D* when Speed HD isn't even broadcasting.  I read on Speed's website, they have no plans to broadcast in HD until early February 2008. :huh?:

Watching Inside Nextel Cup last night, It wasn't HD but, I knew that going in, Still the changeover to "HD" greatly improved the PQ of their SD programming.

Also, I'm hoping that because they use the HD gear already at the track for the Truck races, qualifying and practice and have been down rez'ing it, that now they'll pass on the HD feed to the channel. Trucks in HD would be awesome!

The FEB 08 plans are for the shows produced by the channel such as Trackside, Tradin' Paint, Inside Nextel Cup, Wind Tunel, Victory Lane etc.

Looking forward to it! :rock:

Tom Snyder

Similar to FX Network... None of their programming is in HD now, but when their own series (Nip/Tuck, etc.) begin in the next month or so, rumor is that that those will be in HD. In the meantime, the PQ on everything they show is 100% better than the SD channel.

(Edited to correct network name)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Steve Mann

Quote from: Tom Snyder;41498Similar to the Fox Network... None of their programming is in HD now, but when their own series (Nip/Tuck, etc.) begin in the next month or so, rumor is that that those will be in HD...

I'm assuming you meant the FX Network. I know you're aware of all the HD the FOX network broadcasts.

Granted... it's a bit confusing with one owning the other.  :)
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

borghe

I think the big news with most of these channels, FX included, is that they are keeping the picture OAR. Very nice to tune into Malcolm in the Middle and Married with Children reruns to see them not stretched.

And yes, on FX all new programming should be in HD. Most other channels have kept this up so far (Sci-Fi, USA, etc) so I imagine FX will be the same.

Now the real question is...... when is Cartoon Network going to air it's first HD show and what is it going to be? Too bad that just like every other Time Warner owned HD cable channel TOONHD stretches the picture on everything.

Tom Snyder

Ooops... Yeah... FX is exactly what I meant.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

murdoc

I just hope the F1 finale on Sunday is 16x9 instead of the usual 4x3.  I guess that was one nice thing about FOX carrying the F1 races for 4 weeks this past summer.