• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Directv launches new HD

Started by COMET, Wednesday Sep 26, 2007, 05:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMET

The following channels are live today, September 26, 2007:

265: A & E HD
282: Animal Planet HD
220: Big Ten HD
202: CNN HD
278: Discovery HD
206 / 73: ESPN HD
209 / 72: ESPN2 HD
70/501/509: HBO HD East
269: History Channel HD
76: HD Theater (was Discovery HD Theater)
79: HDNet
78: HDNet Movies
280: Learning Channel HD (TLC HD)
244: Movie Channel HD
212: NFL Network HD
284: Science Channel HD
538: SHO Too HD
71/537/543: Showtime HD
540: Showtime HD West
267: Smithsonian HD
519: Starz Comedy HD
520: Starz HD East
521: Starz HD West
522: Starz Edge HD
518: Starz Kids and Family
247: TBS HD
245 / 75: TNT HD
74: Universal HD
604: Versus HD / Golf Channel HD
362: Weather Channel HD channels:

psubill78

Do you hear that sound?

Oh yes, it is the final nails in TWC Milwaukee's coffin!

gparris

Quote from: psubill78;41051Do you hear that sound?

Oh, pleeeeze, don't get me started....:rof:

COMET: They just TRIPLED what they had a day ago - all at once!

(This is just the beginning, too, wait before the end of October).:rock:

psubill78

Quote from: gparris;41057Oh, pleeeeze, don't get me started....:rof:

Start what? Your signature says it all. Nearly every one of those channels is now available on DirecTV... with stunning quality {fart}

gparris

Quote from: psubill78;41058Start what? Your signature says it all. Nearly every one of those channels is now available on DirecTV... with stunning quality {fart}

My brother and avsforums are both reporting excellent pictures with the MPEG4 satellite delivery, too.
So its not just the quantity of the HD channels, but the quality of the HD channels and the delivery from DirectvHD.

Yes, my signature shows what is currently available on most, if not many, other TWC systems outside our own Wisconsin area, already.

Some other TWC locations, like the TWC location mentioned in another thread a day or so ago from sp44again, offer notice of new HD channel additions in advance with many more HD channels coming their way (quite unlike ours).
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ/MGArticle/WSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352822091

The list I mention is a reminder that TWC HD subscribers in Milwaukee are missing these HD channels that other locations already get or will get (CNNHD, TBSHD, etc.) now.

Honestly, I think the management at TWC Milwaukee thinks ignorance is "bliss".
-What we don't know we won't miss - yet still pay for.

These other TWC locations are getting more HD channels throughout the country, yet from my research, they aren't paying any more.
 - But they are getting more (HD channels).

In a way, I feel that we here are getting "cheated" with their service at these prices and I hope many HD subs migrate to DirectvHD very soon.;)

gb4fan92

Quote from: psubill78;41051Do you hear that sound?

Now where did I put my hammer??   :D :D

TPK

Quote from: psubill78;41058Start what? Your signature says it all. Nearly every one of those channels is now available on DirecTV... with stunning quality {fart}

Its the picture quality that I am most concerned with...

If the picture quality actually turns out to be better than U-verse, I will definitely be switching to direct-TV from U-verse soon....

gparris

Quote from: gb4fan92;41060Now where did I put my hammer??   :D :D

I have several...:rof:

-But these hammers are clients and referrals being sent the HD-satellite way, instead of TWC.:D