News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Cannot exit "Menu" screen

Started by jfrancour, Monday Sep 24, 2007, 09:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrancour

So my Philips 42PF7320A will only turn on to the "Menu" screen for the TV. I can scroll through the five options but if I attempt to go to a submenu, it kicks back to the Main Menu. I cannot switch to another Input or navigate out of the Main Menu in anyway EXCEPT when I plug a flash drive into the USB port. That will allow me to view the pics/hear the .mp3 files on the drive.

Anyone see anything like this before? Generic troubleshooting (unplugging to reset, switching comp/HDMI ports, and screaming at it) do not work.

I'm PRAYING that with the USB port I can somehow upgrade firmware or something to resolve this. But for now I'm stumpt.

jfrancour

...the Harmony 880 is the main controller I use for this set up but I've reset that and removed it from the room, checked the OEM controller, and confirmed that the menu button on the side of the TV is not stuck. I hadn't made any configuration changes prior to this happening. The TV worked during the week prior to me finding out that I had this problems.

Thanks for any help!