• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New HD for TWC in October?

Started by sp44again, Monday Sep 24, 2007, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp44again

It appears now that TWC has quite a few plans for HD expansion in October, as customers in at least one market can expect to see many of the same channels DirecTV has been touting including, TBS HD, The History Channel HD, CNN HD, Lifetime Movies HD, and Food Network HD. While TBS HD is expected to go live in time for the MLB playoffs on October 1st, the rest are expected on October 15th

Tom Snyder

QuoteTWC has quite a few plans for HD expansion
Do you have a link to your source for this? Also do their plans include TWC Milwaukee?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

gparris

Quote from: Tom Snyder;40970Do you have a link to your source for this? Also do their plans include TWC Milwaukee?

:rof:  
Good question, but we (as TWC-Milwaukee HD subscribers) will not see these HD channels in our system this year or probably next.

The local "mindset" of TWC-Milwaukee management doesn't think there are enough HD subscribers here to merit more HD channel additions, IMHO.

I know if you live in Austin and San Antonio, TX, their SDV is going "full tilt" - they just added TBS-HD already with their 20-30 HD channel selection.;)
One of the links (thanks, sp44again) was for TWC's Carolina Division (as in North and South Carolina) which has always been somewhat more aggressive in HD channel delivery vs. the Wisconsin one.

New HDTV owners: If you want the best and most complete HD channel selection available today: Get DishnetworkHD or DirectvHD, not cable!

Mikey

Sure, get my hopes up only to crap all over my mistakingly optomistic viewpoint, even if it existed for only 3 seconds.

*******s.

;)

Back to being "Pessimistic Pete"...

gparris

Hey, we got ESPN2HD and the last two HD (sometimes) locals in Milwaukeeland-this year.
That is all we're "entitled to", right?:rof:

TWC-Milwaukee management probably has a low opinion of its best customers, (its HD subscribers).

-You pay your monthly cable bill and take your chances at being "allowed" more HD channel options.:D

Let's take a wait-and-see approach as more and more HDTVs are sold (here) than ever before and then let's see if TWC-Milwaukee "wakes up".;)

gparris

Quote from: sp44again;40967It appears now that TWC has quite a few plans for HD expansion in October, as customers in at least one market can expect to see many of the same channels DirecTV has been touting including, TBS HD, The History Channel HD, CNN HD, Lifetime Movies HD, and Food Network HD. While TBS HD is expected to go live in time for the MLB playoffs on October 1st, the rest are expected on October 15th

WOW, sp44again, looks like you were right, well almost, with those TWC HD channel additions, less the other FOUR that you mentioned.
(Maybe these will arrive at TWC Milwaukee before the END of October, eh?)
We get TBSHD - wow - but where is History Channel HD, CNN HD, Lifetime Movies HD and Food Network HD?:confused:

Cheesehead Dave

Quote from: sp44againIt appears now that TWC has quite a few plans for HD expansion in October, as customers in at least one market can expect to see many of the same channels DirecTV has been touting including, TBS HD, The History Channel HD, CNN HD, Lifetime Movies HD, and Food Network HD. While TBS HD is expected to go live in time for the MLB playoffs on October 1st, the rest are expected on October 15th
*checks calendar*

Well, so much for that... :(

gparris

Quote from: Cheesehead Dave;41501*checks calendar*

Well, so much for that... :(

Yeah, so much for that: But so far this site shows North Carolina, not Wisconsin:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/PiedmontTriad/programming/hdtvnets.html
Furthermore, Wisconsin TWC is definitely not as advanced as North Carolina, which is a different region than ours
-so I am not "holding my breath" on getting this quantity of HD channel additions!:(

NOTICE: The HD channel additions are up and running (for North Carolina):
http://www.timewarnercable.com/PiedmontTriad/programming/freehd.html

In the above link, by "Free HD", TWC means your standard digital cable subscription which requires a cable box (since its probably SDV)
-gives you TWENTY HD channels before you add options like the HD Package and premiums like HBO and Showtime which then come HD (single channels only) at no extra cost.
The end result of these new HD channels being added, if you include the HD Package and premium HD movie channels, totals 26!
-TWC Milwaukee has currently 18 HD channels total, not including HD PPV channel (500) or FOX SportNETHD (531) which are not full time, monthly subscription based channels (or almost never on).

Now, IF you are in SOUTH CAROLINA with TWC :
http://www.timewarnercable.com/SouthCarolina/products/HDTVAvailableChannels.html - its just as good, if not better, there.

(Subscribers in Wisconsin having TWC are so screwed).

Look, the only way we will know if TWC Wisconsin-Milwaukee is getting any more HD channels is by turning our HDTV sets on and seeing these listed in the programming guide on screen (or reading the Tim C. blogs) as they never announce anything.
Update:
Their latest notice shows that nothing is being added, just the usual posting that some channels could be eliminated if the contracts do not get extensions.

gb4fan92

Tim Cuprisin is on a 2 week vacation. And as everyone knows by now if Tim doesn't announce it,  it aint going to happen!!

gparris

TWC likes to spread deception:
-The telemarketer call Gregg received is now just a version of what kiosk and payment centers had done before, regarding the 10+ HD channels in October.
Whether or not Tim C. is around does not mean we will or won't get anything, these HD channels will just appear on the channel grid - it these ever do.
Directv advertises, announces on the date and delivers and TWC has lying, deceiving telemarkers, so what is new?
Its now November 1st and guess what?
No more HD channel additions...big surprise!:mad:

syrett4

I'm done getting angry with TWC.  Once UVerse becomes available in my area, I'm switching.

RLJSlick

It's true, but what can we do but switch. My wife and I are still trying to work out a deal with Direct TV. Personally I'm sick of TWC and their non-actions. If they want to wait, then so be it, but I'm not going to wait.

Quote from: gparris;41991TWC likes to spread deception:
-The telemarketer call Gregg received is now just a version of what kiosk and payment centers had done before, regarding the 10+ HD channels in October.
Whether or not Tim C. is around does not mean we will or won't get anything, these HD channels will just appear on the channel grid - it these ever do.
Directv advertises, announces on the date and delivers and TWC has lying, deceiving telemarkers, so what is new?
Its now November 1st and guess what?
No more HD channel additions...big surprise!:mad:
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

gparris

Oh wait, now we're supposedly getting TWO HD channels for the 14th of NOVEMBER...whee whee.:rolleyes:

Where ARE those 10+ HD channels from October, anyway?

We're supposed to get HGTVHD and A&EHD - only...wow!:(

HGTVHD always comes with FoodHD, A&EHD usually is tagged with the History Channel HD or MHD (MTVHD) along with LifetimeMovies HD and Golf/VersusHD.
In a time where Directv, Dishnetwork and U-Verse are burying TWC with HD channels and flat panel HDTVs are selling in great numbers:

We get only TWO HD CHANNELS???