• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WVCY TV's future- how do you think it looks?

Started by PaulKTF, Saturday Sep 01, 2007, 09:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

Quote from: John L;41104I noticed WVCY-TV has been back on the air for about 2 weeks now.  When they were off I sent them an email in regards to being off the air and since it was a problem with their analog transmitter I suggest they would at least continue keeping the station on the air in digital over their  DTV transmitter.  I wrote the email after reading about it in Tim Cuprisin's column. Tim said they were waiting for a part to arrive from Italy for the transmitter.  Wow! Sounds like a expensive part and shipped at a large expensive price tag.  I suggested if it was costing too much money to repair the analog transmitter, I said they be better off forgetting about it and just broadcast everything over WVCY-DT and write to all your viewers they must get a converter box if they want to continue watching WVCY.

I mean, really to me its no longer worth sticking money and repairing the analog transmitter since they would be forced to shut it off and no longer use the analog transmitter by February 2009.

So far no reply to this date.

-John L.

That would be suicide for them. They get all their donations from their audience who are comprised of mostly older people who have no desire or understanding of DTV.
-Paul

bradsmainsite

Quote from: PaulKTF;41106That would be suicide for them. They get all their donations from their audience who are comprised of mostly older people who have no desire or understanding of DTV.

While this is true it is a bit more complicated than that.  They would have to apply with the FCC to what I believe is called a flash cut to digital, and we all know how long that would take when your dealing with the  FCC!

You cannot just abandon any space or do what you want without approval or the FCC's knowledge, so while I am sure that crossed their minds by the time all the applications were approved it would probably be 2/17/2009 anyway.  No one would survive that long without something on the air.