News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HR 20 Thoughts

Started by chadl11, Thursday Sep 13, 2007, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadl11

Well, I've had the HR 20 for a couple of weeks now.  It replace the TiVo HD receiver.  Here are my thoughts (as if anyone cares):

1.  I do miss the DLB (Live TV button on the TiVo remote) - especially on the weekends when I'm watching multiple sporting events.  It was nice to have two games going, pausing in between and flipping back and forth.  Yes, I heard it can be done by recording both shows, but that's a pain in the a$$ compared to the other method.

2.  It seems the pause button on the HR 20 will only stay paused for 15 minutes - compared to 30 on the TiVo receiver.

3.  The multple colored buttons the HR 20 are a little confusing.  However, once I learn them better and get used to them, I'm sure they will fine.

4.  Recording/fast forwarding/guide/menus - fine - no issues there.

5.  As of now, the HR 20 isn't as bad as others may have experienced.  I'm getting used to the controls (even though my wife still hates it).  She needs to have more patience to learn about new technology (I still sync her iPod) but that's another story.

6.  I'm looking forward to the large amount of other HD channels arriving shortly!

7.  I'm extremely glad I can get CBS58 via OTA since we watch many shows on CBS.  I do feel bad for those who can't get it.

chadl11

I also found that the range of the HR 20 remote is much shorter than my old TiVo one.