News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Will your D* Receiver get the new HD Channels?

Started by Tom Snyder, Saturday Jul 21, 2007, 09:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadl11

I'm back in business!

The new tech showed up tonight, adjusted the satellite which was completely set up wrong, including a 3 LNB instead of a 5, used the HDMI cables, set everything up and was done in about 30 minutes.

What a difference when the tech knows what he's doing!

FINALLY!!!

:D :D

Steve Mann

Quote from: chadl11;40542... What a difference when the tech knows what he's doing!

FINALLY!!!

Congratulations! I'm sure you're glad that is all over and done with.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

vegasvic

Very nice.  And now in a week or two all of the new HD channels will be up. {santa}

vegasvic

BTW, the new SWM is in field trials, hopefully available to everyone soon. It will be available through DTV (only).

chadl11

Quote from: vegasvic;40552BTW, the new SWM is in field trials, hopefully available to everyone soon. It will be available through DTV (only).

SWM?  What's that?

chadl11

Quote from: Steve Mann;40545Congratulations! I'm sure you're glad that is all over and done with.

You are not kidding!  Now I'll just sit back and enjoy glorious HDTV!

lori

Quote from: chadl11;40555SWM?  What's that?

Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM) technology allows you to distribute satellite and Over The Air (OTA) antenna signals on a single cable. Currently the only SWM Receivers are:

D12 Standard Definition Receiver - Single Tuner
H20 / H21 HD Receivers - Single Tuner
HR20 DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR - Dual Tuner

Bebop

Quote from: lori;40565Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM) technology allows you to distribute satellite and Over The Air (OTA) antenna signals on a single cable. Currently the only SWM Receivers are:

D12 Standard Definition Receiver - Single Tuner
H20 / H21 HD Receivers - Single Tuner
HR20 DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR - Dual Tuner

Is that something like the diplexor?

Since , we are on the subject of Mpeg-4 channels.  They are now listed on DirecTV 's program guide.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/08/29/directvs-new-mpeg4-channel-show-up-in-guide-in-engineering-mod/

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Bebop

I finally called DirecTV  for an upgrade.  Right now you can probably get the HR20 for free if you have a HD Tivo. I just asked and they give it to me. But, I couldn't get another HD DVR without paying another $200. So, I just settled for a free regular receiver upgrade for my other receiver.

Currently, the installation date is short. I could have gotten it installed as early as Sept. 7.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

digdugm

I got the HR-20-100 upgrade on 8-18, $99 w/ free HD pack for 6 months, swicthed out my sat-t60. I called on sunday before and could have had it tuesday, it was schueled for 8-12, he showed up at 10:30 and took about 2 and a half hours. He relocated the new dish, just tied into the existing cables, and installed the new 4X8 multi-switch, and did the basic dirctv stuff (the call and zip suff). I did the box install (don't like others poking around in my stuff). I am very pleased with the install and the new box ain't a tivo, but seems to be solid. just got back from a 11 day trip to the nortwoods so I'll need more time to play. I did hook up a 750 GB eSATA and that seems to work great.