• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

America's Store goes dark 4/3- What will happen to WTAS?

Started by PaulKTF, Friday Mar 16, 2007, 03:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

Apparently America's Store will go dark April 3rd. After that date; I wonder if WTAS(Channel 43 in Waukesha) will air anything or just go dark? I suspect they'll go dark; but who knows?...

Anyone have an analog OTA setup and be willing to check after 4/3?
-Paul

smack

I have OTA in waukesha and can check.

Where is the tower located in Waukesha?

PaulKTF

Quote from: smack;38644I have OTA in waukesha and can check.

Where is the tower located in Waukesha?

Great; thanks! I'm not sure where it's located.. Maybe Google will come up with something?
-Paul

PaulKTF

I guess the most likely thing is they'll go off the air. I'm not entierly sure why WTAS even exists, since it's so low power that I doubt anyone actually watches it.. Plus; aside from informercials; what else could they replace the America's Store programing with?
-Paul

PaulKTF

Can somone check and see what they're airing now (if anything)? :confused:
-Paul

PaulKTF

Quote from: PaulKTF;38855Can somone check and see what they're airing now (if anything)? :confused:

Anyone? Anyone?...
-Paul

smack

I just did a rescan and I can not pull it in OTA with an attic mounted antenna.  I am in the sw corner of the city of waukesha.  I used to get it but never kept it as an active channel.  I don't know if that means it is off air, but I can't get it anymore.

PaulKTF

Is this channel still dead or is it airing anything these days? Just curious.
-Paul

John L

Quote from: PaulKTF;40212Is this channel still dead or is it airing anything these days? Just curious.

I have a Win-TV-D card on my pc connected to the outdoor antenna which is on a rotor.  I don't recall seeing ch. 43 there as of late.  Just a quick check now and it is off the air.  Will check from time to time.

Channel 38 comes in clear and in spanish, but while turning the antenna I get some english audio popping in there, I assume a bit of Chicago coming in there.  IDs as Azteca America.  Not sure where they are broadcasting from.  I assume the big building in downtown Milwaukee that once was the 1st Wisconsin Center.

-John Lentz

techguy1975

I happened to be tuning around the dial  on their portable tv while at my parents house yesterday.  It looks like WTAS is back(?) on the air, right now just airing a test pattern..  I haven't check them in a long time, so I don't know if they were off the air for awhile or what....  But. they are still there