News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Getting Dish 722

Started by jkane, Friday Aug 31, 2007, 08:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkane

After all this time of dragging my feet, I am finally getting a HD recorder!  I keep waiting on a "better" deal to come along.  $99 after rebate looks like the best they have offered in a very long time.  55 hours of HD or 300 hours of SD content.  3 tuners.  2 for Dish programming and a 3rd that gets OTA.  Can record 3 shows at once while watching two more shows on 2 different TV's.  I am getting rid of 2 of my older receivers that don't do HD.

Delivery is Sept 11.  Bad timing, since we are going to Tomahawk that Thursday for 4 days.  Guess that'll give it chance to fill the disk a bit and see how well it stores things.

It also has a new feature of supporting a USB device for moving recordings to.  Another $30 or so to enable it.  One time fee.  Mabye if we get a lot of stuff on it, we'll go that route.  Not up front.

I have not watched any HD content for more than a year.  Just hate live television.  Now I am worried I will run out of time to watch all the stuff I want to record!  {cheers}

gparris

Congradulations on your new HIGH DEFINITION Dish system.;)

Hope all works out for you (everything records while you're away).:D