News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HD/DVR's

Started by gyoung, Saturday Aug 25, 2007, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyoung

I recently moved from Milwaukee back to Indianapolis.  While in Milwaukee we had TWC and the 8300HD DVR from Scientific Atlanta.  I was very happy with that DVR.

We are getting ready to move into our new home which is being served by Brighthouse.  They also use the exact same 8300HD DVR.  While living with my in-laws, we have been able to use this DVR.  However, it must have a different software package.  The UI is almost exactly the same in look, but the functionality is different.  

What used to be an easy task in Milwaukee to record new programs (e.g. you could tell the DVR to record "Lost" but only new episodes, on any channel at any time).  You cannot do this with the Brighthouse software package.  It will only let you record all of them or only those in the specific timeslot.

Navigating the guide is also different.  You cannot search for a show by typing in the title.  

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the VIP622/VIP722 from Dish Network?  Reviews of it seem to be good.  The only downside is that it looks like you cannot record 2 HD programs simultaneously.  Do you know if it let's you program a record of new shows only?  The 8300HD DVR will let you record 2 HD programs and watch a recorded HD show.

AndrewP

Quote from: gyoung;40521Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the VIP622/VIP722 from Dish Network?  Reviews of it seem to be good.  The only downside is that it looks like you cannot record 2 HD programs simultaneously.  Do you know if it let's you program a record of new shows only?  The 8300HD DVR will let you record 2 HD programs and watch a recorded HD show.

With Vip622 you can record 3 HD programs simultaneously, 2 from sats and 1 OTA. At the same time you can watch one of the recording programs or a prerecorded show. It lets you record only new episodes, all episodes, etc.