News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

OTA observations from Northwest Indiana,

Started by TPinNWI, Saturday Aug 11, 2007, 09:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPinNWI

Hi, I moved to Northwest Indiana from Columbus, OH last summer. Incidentally, I am a Buckeye-hater (I went to Univ of Michigan). Anyhoo, I stumbled across your site when trying to determine what HD-OTA channels are available in the Milwaukee market.  I get a few channels from M'kee consistently, and others not so consistently.  My current set-up is an indoor DB2 antenna in front of a north-facing window (I live in an apartment), with a RCA/Direct-TV  HD-10 receiver. I will be moving into a new house in the next month where I will be mounting my DB2 on the roof. I live about 12 miles from the lake in Crown Point, IN; my new house will be about 15 miles from the lake. Anyway, the Milwaukee channels I have been able to pull in:

18-1 (61) - Regularly, strength varies, but I can consistently pick this up most nights and on clear days

24-1 (25), 6-1 (33), and 4-1 (28) - Regularly, though less frequent than 18; I pick these up on most clear nights and days

12-1 (35) - I pick this up pretty regularly, too, but sometimes I think I get interference from WNIT (PBS South Bend), which also has its digital channel on 35, but has a weak signal

58-1, -2 (46) - I pick these up rarely, usually about 4 or 5 evenings a month.  I've noticed they never have their programming info.

I don't get anything else from Milwaukee. I get plenty to stations from Chicago and South Bend. I am wondering if my observations jive with what you guys have been experiencing. I'm interested to see how my reception will change once I move. My home will back a 100 acre farm, so there won't be too much ground clutter nearby to cause interference.

Also, I always get WZZM [13-1, -2 (39)] from Grand Rapids, MI. Can you guys receive stations from the Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo DMA OTA? I presume you can get most of the Chicago stations as well.

Thanks, all the best.

TP

tbarney

From the main page of the site you'll find a link to antennaweb. From there you can put in a zip code, or even pinpoint an address and it will tell you the approximate list of channels that you should receive. I ran it for Crown Point, IN and it came up with no results in the Milwaukee area. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

As for me, I am in Germantown, WI which is North and West of the city of Milwaukee. I have a cheap, but large antenna in the attic. On a good day I can get Fox 17 WXMI out of Grand Rapids.  That isn't bad considering I'm crossing the fattest part of the lake and the 12-15 additional miles beyond each shoreline.   I just hope I can get this channel once NFL starts so maybe I can get a different game than what the local FOX affiliate is showing in the Milwaukee market.

vegasvic

Yeah you'll get lots of Lions games.  Have fun. :p

TPinNWI

Quote from: tbarney;40351As for me, I am in Germantown, WI which is North and West of the city of Milwaukee. I have a cheap, but large antenna in the attic. On a good day I can get Fox 17 WXMI out of Grand Rapids.  That isn't bad considering I'm crossing the fattest part of the lake and the 12-15 additional miles beyond each shoreline.   I just hope I can get this channel once NFL starts so maybe I can get a different game than what the local FOX affiliate is showing in the Milwaukee market.

Doesn't WGN interfere with WXMI? They both are on D-19. The other poster is correct. WXMI  primarily shows Lions games. They also show Lions preseason games.