News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Which Channel Do You Choose for SPs

Started by HDCheeseHead, Friday Aug 24, 2007, 08:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDCheeseHead

Ok, so I finally pulled the trigger to upgrade to the HR20.  All I was able to muster was to get the new receiver for $99.  I've been a resubscriber since Jan 07.  In Jan, they installed the 5LNB dish, cuz I knew I was going to upgrade at some point.  I installed an OTA antenna to use with the HR10-250.  Now with the new box and getting most locals in HD via DTV, where do you guys with OTA antennas record local programming?  From OTA or DTV HD?  With the upcoming fall season getting near, I want to start to set my season passes (I know, it's not a Tivo any more, but I can't change my vocab).

steve053

I allways use OTA when I have that option.  Never have to worry about rainfaid or sat problems that way.  Plus it's better pq.

Bluto

If I have a choice, I record the local HD channel from D*.  Personally, I can't tell the diff between D* MPEG4 channels and OTA.  Also, an MPEG4 record will take up about 60% of the same OTA recording.