News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HD OTA Antenna

Started by FiberOptic, Monday Aug 13, 2007, 08:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiberOptic

Just looking to get some advice, I want to purchase a small HD OTA to pick up the Milwaukee stations.  I have Directv and live in Kenosha, and ideally I just want a small one to sit near the Tv.  Is there one out there that will work for me?

LoadStar

Quote from: FiberOptic;40357Just looking to get some advice, I want to purchase a small HD OTA to pick up the Milwaukee stations.  I have Directv and live in Kenosha, and ideally I just want a small one to sit near the Tv.  Is there one out there that will work for me?

Be prepared for most people to tell you to point your antenna south and pick up the Chicago channels instead, or at the very least, get a rotor for your antenna that gives you that flexibility. Many here are quite disgruntled with the Milwaukee channels.

Blitzburgh

This one is pretty good:

Manufacturer: TERK Technologies
Part number: HDTVI

FiberOptic

I am assuming that I can just connect this right into my HR20 and I will be good to go?  :rock:

gparris

Quote from: FiberOptic;40397I am assuming that I can just connect this right into my HR20 and I will be good to go?  :rock:

Here, try accessing this link because it offers user reports on it, too:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GecFSj1881g/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=209HDTVI&search=Terk's+HDTVi+antenna

Good luck getting CBS58HD from Kenosha!

Blitzburgh

Quote from: FiberOptic;40397I am assuming that I can just connect this right into my HR20 and I will be good to go?  :rock:

Ubet. I live in Twin Lakes and was picking up Chicago with this antenna in my basement (ground level).

FiberOptic

Thanks I went ahead and purchased the amplifier version for $35.00 on Amazon with free shipping.  We will see how it goes

FiberOptic

Quote from: Blitzburgh;40406Ubet. I live in Twin Lakes and was picking up Chicago with this antenna in my basement (ground level).

Got it yesterday and picked up all the Milwaukee stations and a couple Chicago ones

StarvingForHDTV

Wow.  I have never heard of a Terk antenna working good for someone.  Maybe the company has new owners.

kevbeck122

I had the same antenna and it was worse than a pair of old rabbit ears as far as picking up stations.

Skywalker

I've got the same antennae and I get a 90% or better signal strength for nearly all of the Milwaukee digital channels.

FiberOptic

Quote from: kevbeck122;40476I had the same antenna and it was worse than a pair of old rabbit ears as far as picking up stations.

Well so far no problems, the only issue was my wife said "what is that thing"

kevbeck122

Mine must have been defective.  Even the analog OTA stations were fuzzy to the point of being unwatchable.  I think 10.1-6 was the only thing I could consistently get because of the VHF rabbit ears on it.