• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Roadrunner Speeds go up in Milwaukee

Started by LowSignal, Monday Aug 06, 2007, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewtownska

Thanks for the heads up on the specials!  I called and got back the regular RR for $29/mo for 12 months.  For being only $3 more per month than RR Lite, I'm much happier now :)

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Bebop

Quote from: RLJSlick;40437Yeah my speed went up also, and I have the normal $40 RR, I went from 4900/370 to 6900/ 500 rounded off.

You can probably upgrade to 15/1Mb special this month for $38. It doesn't hurt to call. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Mikey

JDrama

Thanks for the tip of calling for lowering rates on RR. I just saved $120 a year by making a simple call. :rock:

Dan the Man

So I finally reached TWC today and got to upgrade to RR turbo. The good news is that I too got the $39 per month for 12 month deal. The bad news is my download speed actually went down:

I did get faster upload speeds, but who cares!!!!

:bang: :bang:

Mikey

Quote from: Dan the Man;40543So I finally reached TWC today and got to upgrade to RR turbo. The good news is that I too got the $39 per month for 12 month deal. The bad news is my download speed actually went down:

I did get faster upload speeds, but who cares!!!!

:bang: :bang:

Dan, how exactly do you have your PC hooked up to your modem?  Is it hard wired with RJ-45 or are you going wireless?  When I use my wireless USB 2.0 connection, my speed is cut by about 60-65%.  When I use the wired connection, I get what I listed just above...

Dan the Man

The above reading was via my desktop computer that is wireless via G band. Before the upgrade I connected my laptop directly into the modem and compared this to wireless speeds. I saw really no difference in speed wired vs. wireless. Maybe a few hundred KBPS at the most.

I will try my laptop again via a wired connection to see what I get.

I am not complaining here, I just would have expected more of an improvement. Maybe it is the area/neighborhood I live in or some other hardware issue.

I did reboot the modem, router and computer also after the upgrade was done, so it should be all good to go.

vetrev

Dan the Man,

You should be getting much higher speeds. Try unplugging your modem for a few minutes. That did it for me. My speeds went up immediately once the modem logged on anew to the TWC network.

kevbeck122

Quote from: Dan the Man;40548The above reading was via my desktop computer that is wireless via G band. Before the upgrade I connected my laptop directly into the modem and compared this to wireless speeds. I saw really no difference in speed wired vs. wireless. Maybe a few hundred KBPS at the most.

I will try my laptop again via a wired connection to see what I get.

I am not complaining here, I just would have expected more of an improvement. Maybe it is the area/neighborhood I live in or some other hardware issue.

I did reboot the modem, router and computer also after the upgrade was done, so it should be all good to go.

With wireless G, I see speeds on my connection ranging from 3Mbps to 7.3Mbps (which is the max I usually get when I'm wired) probably due to interference or distance from the access point.  How old is your modem?  If it's at least 2-3 years old, you might try swapping it with a newer one.

RLJSlick

Hiya guys, I got my Turbo yesterday and my download speed went up to about 13MB and my upload went up to about 1MB. Thats not bad, specially since I won't pay anymore now then what I've been pay for the next 12 months. Thanks again guys.
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

Dan the Man

Today it finally decided to kick in.

I guess it only took TWC a few days to get around to making the change in the system. The CSR said it would be like 5 minutes after the call. More like 2 days.... I am not complaining though.

I am now very :)

Have a great Labor day weekend everyone!

RLJSlick

That's odd, only took me a about 5 or 10 minutes to go Turbo.
Have a great Labor Day
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

kjnorman

Well I finally tested mine and I got..

Its all moot though as I am relocating to the Chicago suburbs and so I will be stuck with Comcrap ($45 for a supposedly 6mbps line that typically typically gets about 2mbps and is terribly unrealiable judging from DSL reports) as AT&T DSL (which seems to be a better service in that area) is too far from my new house.

Oh well....

CrashCamomilli

Finally tested mine:

Not bad for West Allis infrastructure.

Bigdog

I've rebooted my SB4100 twice and have not seen any kind of download speed increase. I'm not sure if it is the age of this modem or ???? When I tried Minneapolis the speed was even less. Even speedtest.wi.rr.com was not that impressive

------------------------------------------------------------------
File size transferred : 14.75 MB (15468724 bytes)
Total time taken      : 21.95 seconds (21953 milliseconds)
Throughput            : 704.0 KB/sec [Kilobyte-per-second]
                      = 0.7 MB/sec [Megabyte-per-second]
                      = 5632.0 Kbps [Kilobit-per-second]
                      = 5.63 Mbps [Megabit-per-second]