• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Roadrunner Speeds go up in Milwaukee

Started by LowSignal, Monday Aug 06, 2007, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smack

Is it for all RR customers?  I just have the regular home svc connected via wi fi to my laptop.

I rebooted once and it didn't seem to make a difference with speedtest.

kevbeck122

You won't notice a thing if you have 802.11b except for a faster upload speed.  Might be a little faster with 802.11g.

markd

Here's mine

I went up from 4800 after a reboot.

I do still wish  I got better uploads though. :(

e-man

Biz class here too.  Wow, mine really improved.

LoadStar

This morning I only did a soft reboot (went to the modem's webpage and triggered a reboot). Tonight I actually did the unplug for 15 seconds then reboot...

MUCH better. (good thing I didn't end up getting around to calling... I can deal with 15 meg/1.5 meg speeds...)

Tom Snyder

I just emailed my rep at Time Warner, and she said that everyone ( I assume she's talking about the Business Class customers) who's getting a speed boost has also gotten a rate increase... Is that true?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

hormy_83

I'm on Biz Class (and I noticed a speed increase thanks to this thread - thanks guys!)   I checked my most recent bill (7/27) and it is the same as the previous ones.

Tom Snyder

I kinda had a feeling. ;)

Not that I don't believe sales reps, mind you...

But I was also just told that she was "fairly certain" that no residential customers are getting 7 – 15mb down.  

Are any of you guys getting these higher speeds with residential service? And if so, can I ask what you're paying (residential and business class alike)?

If you're not comfortable posting that information publicly, feel free to email me. :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

kevbeck122

$40.95 a month for biz class.  According to the FAQ site for the deal I get, this is the difference between biz class and residential:  Time Warner Cable Business Class Internet Service speed is 7m x 1mb. Road Runner residential service speed is 7M x 512K.

LoadStar

No rate increase here yet, and if they tried to retroactively bill me for the speed increase, I think I'd have a problem with it... I was OK with the old speed (but glad to get the new speed!)

e-man

Quote from: Tom Snyder;40275I kinda had a feeling. ;)

... And if so, can I ask what you're paying (residential and business class alike)?

If you're not comfortable posting that information publicly, feel free to email me. :)

$38.95/month biz class for me.

Bebop

Quote from: e-man;40283$38.95/month biz class for me.

$39?

Residential is $45 and the speed is much slower. How did you get that price?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

e-man

Quote from: Bebop;40291$39?

Residential is $45 and the speed is much slower. How did you get that price?

It is dependent on the number of private business class users at my work place.  The more that sign up, the lower the price.  I was at 40.95 for quite a while and noticed we dropped to 38.95 recently.

Road Runner Monthly Service Fee Schedule

Private Users 1 to 500 - Cost/Month $42.95
Private Users 501 to 999 - Cost/Month $40.95
Private Users 1000 to 1499 - Cost/Month $38.95
Private Users 1500 to 2499 - Cost/Month $36.95
Private Users 2500 to 3999 - Cost/Month $34.95
Private Users 4000+ - Cost/Month $32.95

hormy_83

I am at $39 for Biz class, and that is also due to my work place's agreement with TWC.