• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Holy smokes! I'm... Dead?

Started by Tom Snyder, Monday Jul 30, 2007, 04:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

It certainly was strange this morning to hear the breaking news that I had died. Took me a second or two realize it was the OTHER Tom Snyder. ;)

When I began my radio career, my first obstacle was the fact he and I shared the same name, so I changed my on air last name to McCarthy.

I was working at WISN a few years later when we brought the original Tom Snyder to town to broadcast his show live from Summerfest, and I got to help set up the area where was going to broadcast from. As a relative newbie, I was eager to introduce myself to him as someone from the same hometown, the same High School and most amazing...having the same name. And I knew he'd get a big kick out of that.

To say that he was not nearly as excited as I was about that fact was an understatement!

But it was still a great privilege to meet him and shake his hand.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

John L

Tom,

At first when I heard your name I was thinking of you until they gave further info regarding the NBC-TV Late Night program...then I was confused.  They never mentioned the Milwaukee HDTV Forum, so I figured it wasn't you.

I must say it is strange that you 2 went to the same school, same name.  I assume you are not related to thee Tom Snyder?

-John L.
Muskego, WI

Bebop

If anyone that doesn't know who Tom Snyder was, it's probably you are too young. No offense to our Tom.

Back before cable there were 2 shows to watch after 10:30pm. It was Tonight Show and Tomorrow (hosted by Snyder). I used to do my homework and watch him. And he had some really interesting guests. Dan Akroyd made him famous on Saturday Night Live.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Tom Snyder

Not related at all.

BTW... nice of Tim Cuprisin to use the occassion to give us a plug.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Paul S.

You know, I was gonna make a thread like this, saying 'thanks for website and memories..'. I guess I was too lazy lol