• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

This is getting ridiculous!

Started by Mags, Thursday Jul 26, 2007, 09:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mags

Ok, it is Thursday night, and it has been raining all day....

And now it is supposed to rain in Sheboygan and northern Ozaukee... AND THEY TAKE SHOWS OUT OF HD????  I'm trying to watch 58 (for the first time in forever) and THEY TAKE IT OUT OF HD because it is gonna rain?

You have got to be kidding me!  I can understand if it is a tornado watch or warning - people could get hurt in that scenario.  But it's gonna frickin' rain and they have to screw up programming to tell us?

What the heck is the world coming to?  Is this all part of the "political correctness" BS that goes on each day?  Is there 1 person out there out of 2 billion people that has a rare disease that causes them to melt if it rains and they haven't been alerted?  Are we protecting the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz?

My God, Sheboygan is not even close to Milwaukee.. and don't try to tell me that they are in Milwaukee's viewing area.  Tell them to get their own station.  Heck, Chicago is as close to Milwaukee as Sheboygan!

What's next?  We'll get a weather alert in Milwaukee, telling us that there is a 10 MPH wind in Boston, which makes kite flying dangerous?  You know, that could put an eye out!  Give me a break.

Like I said, this is getting ridiculous.  It seems like shows are only in HD about 50% of the time, as there is somewhere in the country it is raining, or a 10 MPH wind, or high ozone, or poverty, or whatever - and the channels need to tell us - and we lose our programming.

What happened to just pre-empting programming when there is something that is life threatening going on?  No way is rain and possible hail considered life threatening.

Too many weather guys at stations with nothing to do other than screw up programming because it is gonna rain 100 miles from the frickin' station!  How stupid!

Bebop

They should have a digital crawl on the HD channel to tell viewers to tune to the analog channel if they are concern about the weather. Or replace their over grown HD station logo with a weather warning bug.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

tywest

Hey watch what you say about Sheboygan...J/K
Believe it or not, we can get Milwaukee stations over the air. Get our own station? Ha, we cant even get an Olive Garden here. Looks like you along with the rest of South East Wisconsin will just have to put up with the bogus non HD programing we get every time it storms.

picopir8

It is disapointing when shows are broadcast in SD instead of HD, but really, is it worth getting that upset over?  Its free, you get what you pay for.  If weather interuptions are such an issue, then invest in a FTA setup and get the network feed.

Bebop

If we don't complaint, nothing will change.:)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

OlsonNet

Thursday was particularly bad because they did this for a Severe Thunderstorm WATCH for most of the night.

I may be wrong, but I don't remember the always-on alerts for watches in the past. Warnings, sure, but for watches I always remember the occasional crawl at the bottom of the screen every half hour or so.

Completely unacceptable.