News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sammy DVD-AR650

Started by tazman, Monday Jul 23, 2007, 08:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazman

I just got a new DVD player recorder with a built in ATSC/NTSC tuner.  I thought the tuner would output HD through the HDMI connector but it doesn't.  Which makes sense because its not an HD recorder.  The tuner only puts out what the recorder part can handle.  

Anyways  besides the new Sammy DVD-AR650 recorder, I also have a Sammy HD-850 player.  My problem is...  How do I seperate the 2 units as far as the remote controll is concerned.  I turn one on and the other one also goes on.  I hit the tray button and both trays open or close.  Does anyone know of a way to get these units to operate on 2 different sets of remote codes?

Otherwise it seems to be a pretty good unit.  Although it's not HD.  HD programming looks like really good SD widescreen programming and it records and plays back as well too.  the program guide and timer recording is very easy to use.  It also has a firewire input on the front for connecting a camcorder to it and transfering tape to DVD.  It does a very good job at that as well.