News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

I have lost CBS and ABC, anybody know why?

Started by barry2, Monday Jul 23, 2007, 03:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry2

I've been viewing NBC, FOX, CBS, and ABC as well as MPTV HD for about 8 months.  I use Time-Warner (in Sussex) straight into the Samsung TV.  No cable card and no box.  I've been pretty satisfied till now.  Was gone for a week and now two channels are gone.
My set up is NBC  103-1
                   FOX   103-2
                   CBS   109-5
                   ABC   109-12
              MPTV HD  116-1

I've rescanned for all channels and 109 just does not show up anymore.  Even if I enter it directly, I get nothing.

Has TW been changing things ??

thanks,
Barry2

brewtownska

I have a Samsung stand-alone tuner that does QAM from TWC, and had something similar happen about 2 weeks ago.  I turned it on one day and a few of my channels were gone.  But I rescanned and they came back.  Sounds like your rescan didn't help you.

Just for the heck of it, check to see if any of your channels got remapped.  My Samsung shows CBS as 0-505 instead of 109-5.  I have an older Samsung box that does show stations like yours does, so I recognize 109-5 as a logical channel number.  The way I understand things from other posts, there is data along with the channels from TWC that will tell a set-top (or TV) how to remap a channel and what the number should be.  So maybe TWC changed some of that data recently it and caused your TV to move the channels.

Note that you should now be able to pick up HD versions of 18 and 24.  You can check other threads for details, but I think one of them is in the 116 channel frequency (maybe 116-2), and the other is in the high 70's (77, 78, or 79).

This is a longshot, but I did notice that our cable and internet was out this morning (at least between 7-8:30am on Hwy J in Waukesha...not too far from Sussex) on TWC.  My fiancee said it came on later in the morning.  Are your problems as of today, or have you been fighting with them for a few days trying to figure out what went wrong.  If it's just from today, then I'm afraid to go home and possibly find the same thing :(  Something may have changed today when the cable and network went out.

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

tencom

Channel 12 ABC, Channel 58 CBS, and WMLW, have moved to  TWC  Channel 85, from channel 109, with channel data

barry2

Just by trying all the channels, I did find: Channel 12 ABC, on 85-12 and WMLW 41 on 85-41.  However,  Channel 58 CBS, is on 106-10.

Based on the above response, I will check 85 more carefully to see if CBS is there also.

Thanks to all.

Barry2

tencom

106-10 is channel 58 in 480I Standard defintition channel 58 HDTV is  on channel 85-1, channel 12 HDTV is 85-2, and WMLW  480I is on 85-3 thats the order I get
on my scan,

barry2

You are correct.  I was able to find all three of my missing channels on 85.

Thank You,

barry2

flash

Quote from: barry2;40087You are correct.  I was able to find all three of my missing channels on 85.

Thank You,

barry2

Your lucky 'cause I've tried all of the above channel variations and no luck. :bang: