• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Directv B band converter

Started by the_heller, Monday Jul 09, 2007, 11:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_heller

I saw that to receive the new Directv HD channels you'll need a B band converter. Not sure if that's going to work on my TiVo HD receiver, though (I believe this is for the new Directv models).

Is it worth the upgrade to the Directv models? Anyone know what the cost might be?

bubbaridesfast

You will have to upgrade to mpeg4 equipment to receive the new channels I believe. The deals have varied, not sure what is currently being offered.

I upgraded 2 non-dvr boxes to the H20 for free. BTW, upgrading also includes a new dish installation. I think most are paying $99 for the HD-dvr (HR20) boxes. Even though the equipment is now leased, there is an upfront fee for the dvr. The dvr fee is normally $199 but there are specials.

The best bet is to call and get through to Customer Retention for the best deal. If the first CSR won't deal tell the CSR that you want to cancel and then you should get connected to Retention.

The upgrade will be worth it when you have over 100 HD channels and possibly VOD in the future as well.