• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

So what's this?

Started by gb4fan92, Wednesday Jul 18, 2007, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb4fan92

Guess I've never noticed before but looking at my TWC bill besides all the usual service charges I have HD Package, HD DVR, and HDTV Video Recorder. My question: What is HDTV Video Recorder? Is that an addtional cost of the DVR? Just never remember seeing it before . :confused:

markd

I don't have a bill in front of me so I can't check things with your lingo but I know that pay for a cable package, hd package, two 8300 boxes, two remotes and two DVR service.  I thought that was kinda shitty when I got my second box that I not only pay for two boxes but I pay for DVR services twice.  I think people would grumble less if they just rolled it into the rental cost of the box or the package or something.  Actually showing us that they're trying to nickel and dime us to death just makes me grumpy.

klwillis45

Quote from: markd;40043I don't have a bill in front of me so I can't check things with your lingo but I know that pay for a cable package, hd package, two 8300 boxes, two remotes and two DVR service.  I thought that was kinda shitty when I got my second box that I not only pay for two boxes but I pay for DVR services twice.  I think people would grumble less if they just rolled it into the rental cost of the box or the package or something.  Actually showing us that they're trying to nickel and dime us to death just makes me grumpy.

Same here. I picked up a 2nd 8300HD a couple months ago and was :confused: when the bill came. I called them up and they explained the charge which made me understand but not happy.

LowSignal

So this holiday season when we can order online or buy from bestbuy a DVR will we still have to pay for the service? At that point TWC isn't really doing anything besides providing the signal.