• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sunrocket is Dead

Started by Bebop, Tuesday Jul 17, 2007, 11:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

If case you have not heard.

I know few people here including myself have the service. Prepare to port your number (if it's still possible) and finding a new service.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

AndrewP

I had it also. It was very good service, and I paid just $99 for 1 year of unlimited calling in US and Canada. I lost 1.5 month of the service contract.
As far as porting number, on dslreports.com I read that it will not be a problem.
Also Packet8 and Viatalk are still in negotiations with SunRocket about transfering customers. Maybe it work by Friday. If not, then on Friday service goes dark, because nobody will not be able to update servers (they do it on Fridays). That is what I read on dslreports.com

Bebop

I was with Packet8 then switched to SR. I signed with VT few days ago and hope my number will port over.:)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

picopir8

I was with SR for over 2 years.  Its a shame to see them gone as they have had very good service.  I just paid for a third year but hopefully I will get a refund from my CC.  Even if I dont, I think I still came out pretty good.  I got 26 months of service and spent $600 ($200 of which was supposed to be for the upcoming year), and got free phones and about $60 in referral credits.  Even if I loose the credit, that comes out to $23/mo + the free stuff.  Not too bad, just a bit inconvenient.

basshive

Pretty bummed to see them go even though we do not use them. I always think having more to choose from is better. From what little I read it sounded like they had some serious management issues from the top down, but who really knows.

Still riding the ole' vonage train right now until they finally shut down at which point its all cell in our house :)
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV