News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone Need 60 Hours of HD Content For $200

Started by mhz40, Thursday Jul 12, 2007, 06:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhz40

Western Digital announces it's 500 gig SATA drive.  Says it's compatible with SA's 8300 DVR... http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6456261.html
Incredible... 300 hours of SD or 60 of HD for $200?

Bebop

The price of hard drives can only get larger and cheaper. It's retail for $200, so the street price will be even less.

I can still remembered get a 1 gig drive for about $200.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Paul S.

Quote from: Bebop;40024The price of hard drives can only get larger and cheaper. .

You make no sense lol

Doc Harley

This Western Digital external hard drive is available at Amazon.com for $159.00.

Bebop

Quote from: Paul S.;40025You make no sense lol

After reading it again, it doesn't make sense to me either. But, it sure made sense when I posted it. :)

It not a good idea to post too late at night or early in the morning.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

TPK

Quote from: mhz40;40022Western Digital announces it's 500 gig SATA drive.  Says it's compatible with SA's 8300 DVR... http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6456261.html
Incredible... 300 hours of SD or 60 of HD for $200?

When they say its 'compatible' with the 8300 DVR, does that mean that the 8300's trick buffer will work with this drive when it doesn't work on other SATA drives??

I also hear that ATI is goign to come out with a HDTV cable tuner PC card that is cable card compatible...

.. If that is true, and I can build a DVR for my own use (and potentially build and sell them to others), that right there would be enough for me to switch back over to cable (I think I'll put in a few 500GB hard drives in a RAID 5 configuration and get myself 1 TB of space on my DVR please!)...

markd

Quote from: Doc Harley;40031This Western Digital external hard drive is available at Amazon.com for $159.00.

I don't see it on Amazon.  Not the new drive listed above at least.

LoadStar

Quote from: TPK;40034I also hear that ATI is goign to come out with a HDTV cable tuner PC card that is cable card compatible...
It already is available.... but only to certain major-label system builders, who can certify their systems as being fully HDCP compliant. It will likely never be available as a direct-to-consumer card, nor will it be available to general system builders.

They have two variants: an internal PCI card, and an external USB device.