News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

For sale as is: RCA F383190 38" direct view HDTV

Started by lyonhart, Thursday Jul 12, 2007, 02:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyonhart

For sale as is: RCA F383190 38" direct view HDTV.

Purchased in 2002. Was in perfect running condition until just recently when I went to turn it on, nothing happened. Power light doesn't come on, and there is no sound from the internal transformer powering up.

I contacted my local RCA service center and they said it was likely that the front-end on the power supply module blew. Apparently, that is a common occurrence with this model of television. The bad news is that RCA no longer provides parts for it.

I'm not a technician, and I don't feel like scouring around for another blown one which I can glean parts from. I've already purchased a new flat-panel HDTV, so the RCA has to go as it's just taking up space in my living room.

I'm asking $100 for it, and the new owner will have to have the responsibility of taking it away. This thing, for all the glory of its beautiful direct view picture, is a refrigerator like behemoth, weighing about 260 pounds.

I've looked around on the net, and I know it's worth at least the $100 asking price. Up until the power supply issue, this set worked perfectly with a beautiful picture. I'm sure it's worth more just for parts, as the picture tube is in great condition. If you're the kind of tech person that knows how to fix these things....come and get it!

Again, buyer has the responsibility of taking it away as it is taking up the space where my new TV needs to go. :(

I am in the south city side of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Please feel free to contact me either by e-mail:

>information deleted by author<

Lyonhart

bubbaridesfast

Come on, $100 for something that you know is broke and no new replacement parts are available?:eek:
Say I could find the replacement part, you already told us that the part is prone to failure. Good luck, you're better off trying to find some help lugging that obsolete behemoth down to the curb.

Sorry to come off as negative but me thinks no one needs to pay $100 for some one else's headache.

lyonhart

Well, you can't blame me for trying.  And I'm being honest about it's condition too.

lyonhart

Hello Everyone,

Well, I gave it some time and no takers.  I just want to get the RCA out of my living room - if anyone wants it - it's yours!

Help...:bang:

audiotrax2000@hotmail.com

or by phone: 414-281-5969.

lyonhart

Hello Everyone,

Well, I gave it some time and no takers.  I just want to get the RCA out of my living room - if anyone wants it - it's yours!

Help...  :)

information deleted by author

lyonhart

It's gone!  I've got the corner of my living room back again.  Thanks, Jim. :)