• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Channel 12 10PM News in HD....

Started by Tom Snyder, Thursday Jun 28, 2007, 07:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill A.

I noticed that on Sat. night (6/30/07) channel 12 repeated the HD telecast of the "Big Bang Fireworks", originally telecast by them on Thur. (6/28/07).

WHERE DID CHANNEL 12 GET THE HD "FEED" FROM??:confused: :confused:

I'm aware that the ORIGINAL (Thur.) telecast/feed was provided to channel 12 by MPTV - using channel 10/36's equipment and personnel.

My question is: does channel 12 have the capability to PLAYBACK a HD program - or was Saturday's repeat also "Fed" to them by MPTV?

I personally doubt that channel 12 has ANY HD equipment to use for local originating or playing back a program.

Bill A.

basshive

My wife and I managed to catch the re-air on and let me say, we were quite disappointed. The audio was terrible, sparklers make more noise than I could hear from the airing. I do not need to hear bad songs play during a fireworks show, how about focusing the sound on the fireworks? Just because you have *6* cameras does not mean you need to rotate through every single one every 5 seconds. Pick a focal point and show the fireworks!!! Every 5 seconds was a switch to another *cool angle* to which I had to wait while someone panned up slowly over and over and over... And no, having a building, even the new museum, taking up half the shot is not cool. arg!

1 camera, no music. More is not always better..
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Mark Strube

Have fireworks on television ever been thrilling? I'll be enjoying some professional ones on the 4th, and then doing my own in the following days. {fart}

basshive

Well I dont know if thrilling is the right word, but yes I have enjoy a few fireworks displays in HD on the tv. Its not the same as being there by any means but I enjoyed the content, just not what WISN delivered...
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV