• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Channel 12 10PM News in HD....

Started by Tom Snyder, Thursday Jun 28, 2007, 07:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Well just a brief glimpse.

Tim Cuprisin is reporting that just prior to the HD presentation of tonight's Big Bang Fireworks, Channel 12 plans to air the last segment of the news in high-def.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

StarvingForHDTV

Does that count in our record books as first with local HD news?

I hope their fireworks coverage isn't filled with endless talking.  That can be a brutal form of torture.

Gregg Lengling

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Tom Snyder

Almost hit that mute button this morning...

Demarco Morgan and Portia Young are arguably the worst anchor team in Milwaukee TV... They were filling in for the two regular anchors who were off this morning because they'll be hosting presentation tonight.

So Portia was introducing a guy who was going to talk about the lakefront being a great place to watch fireworks tonight and says:

There will be dozens of boats in Lake Michigan tonight seeing the fireworks in HD.

:eek:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

Quote from: StarvingForHDTV;39845Does that count in our record books as first with local HD news?

I hope their fireworks coverage isn't filled with endless talking.  That can be a brutal form of torture.

Yes. I think that's the motive, actually.

LoadStar

Quote from: Tom Snyder;39848Almost hit that mute button this morning...

Demarco Morgan and Portia Young are arguably the worst anchor team in Milwaukee TV... They were filling in for the two regular anchors who were off this morning because they'll be hosting presentation tonight.

So Portia was introducing a guy who was going to talk about the lakefront being a great place to watch fireworks tonight and says:

There will be dozens of boats in Lake Michigan tonight seeing the fireworks in HD.

Ok, yeah, that's an amazingly dumb statement... but on the whole, I actually like Demarco/Portia.

You want truly horrifyingly bad, try Chris Goodman/Chrystina Head (weekend evenings, WITI-6).

Bluto

There was way too much jabbering during the Big Bang fireworks on Channel 12 last year, IIRC.  Hopefully they learned something.

SRW1000

I'm still hoping to hear a station take advantage of the firework's bass frequencies.

Anybody else out there disappointed that their subwoofer never gets a workout during these shows?

Scott

LoadStar

Wow. Hopefully they get the technical problems solved by 10:00, because the quick 6:00 segment from the lakefront they did was UGLY.

vegasvic

I can't stand anyone on Channel 12 news/weather/sports. Even Channel 58 has better talent (but not much better).

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: SRW1000;39869I'm still hoping to hear a station take advantage of the firework's bass frequencies.

Anybody else out there disappointed that their subwoofer never gets a workout during these shows?

Scott

Yes, I find it terribly disappointing.

LoadStar

Wow. Picture looked better... but audio for the entire segment of the news was completely screwed up.

Caroline Lyders ended the newscast with "And we will see you in 3 minutes for the Big Bang." I can just imagine the engineers thinking "oh, crap. That means we have 3 minutes to figure out just what the hell is wrong and fix it. No pressure, though... nooooo, not at all...."

Bebop

Ever since they started launching the fireworks from the barges, I stopped going.

My friends and I used to get as close to the launching site as possible, lay down on the grass and stare up at the sky. I can feel every explosion that no sub can reproduce and watching debris falling down around us.  Ah, those were the day.:)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Absopo

Quote from: Tom Snyder;39848Almost hit that mute button this morning...

Wow, are you kidding, those two are enormously popular, and with good reason, their light hearted banter is not the usual hickish Milwaukee approach, its great. I think they do weekend mornings, Portia and Morgan are great, check them out sometime.

StarvingForHDTV

I was not impressed with the first local news segment in HD.  If I were writing the history books, I would not count it.  There was no news.  The audio was terrible.

During the Big Bang the commentators managed to control themselves this year.  Thank you for not talking the whole time!

Now if we can fire the DJ and focus the audio on the fireworks themselves, it will be a wonderful broadcast.

I'm so glad that I didn't have to hear "and this is the Denis Sullivan" repeated 100 times by the commentators this year!