• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV and Sunday Ticket

Started by Dan the Man, Saturday Jul 12, 2008, 05:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan the Man

Here's a reminder to anyone who signed up for this deal last year with DirecTV.

Last year I signed up for DirecTV the special was you got the Sunday Ticket deal where it was like $70 for four months and you got the Premier package included. The catch is that the Sunday Ticket package automatically renews unless you cancel it the next year.

Well, football hasn't started yet, but DirecTV did charge me starting on the July bill for $49.95 for "early renewal for Sunday Ticket". 6 total payments. I immediately saw this and called to cancel Sunday Ticket and get the $49.95 credited back. They said once the renewal starts it supposedly cannot be canceled. I complained that football hadn't even started yet. They did go ahead and cancel it and gave me a "one time courtesy credit" for the $49.95.

If you had this deal as well, check your bills. if you want to cancel it they will do it even if they already started charging you.

Tom Snyder

What? You're cancelling?!?!

How will you watch the Buccaneer games with their new Quarterback Brett Favre? :eek:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Dan the Man

for reminding me about this Farve mess. I guess I will have to watch at someone else's house if I want to see Brett play this season.

I don't watch football to make it worthwhile. Its generally the Packers or nothing, except for the Superbowl.