News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

36" Sony tube TV

Started by FeedingFrenzy, Thursday May 03, 2007, 10:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeedingFrenzy

Last night my Sony had vertical shadows and loss of color detail.  Eventually the T.V. popped a couple times and  the screen turned green.  Turned off, than on, and now picture is back to normal.  I'm assuming the tube is going.  Is it worth repairing CANNOT afford new T.V. right now.

picopir8

Its hard to say w/o playing with the TV, but it does not sound like the tube is bad.  Rather, it lost the horizontal synch.  That would explain both the vertical shadows and the loss of color.

How is your TV connected to your set top box?  Im guessing that it is component video.  The green screen makes me suspicious since component video carries the synch signal on the green wire.  If you are using a component cable, reseat the cable, or better yet replace it because it might not be grounded well enough or it may be damaged.  If you still have problems then it might be one of the connectors (back of TV or back of set top box).  If thats the case, use a different connector for a while (even if you have do go down to svideo or something).  If you still have problem then its likely something got fried on the TVs circuit board.

Nels Harvey

I have a 1991 Sony 27" XBR that was acting up.  My problem was the power supply.  It was picked up, serviced, and delivered by a repair shop in Milwaukee quite reasonably.  I have a digital converter on that set, and expect it to last for some time yet.  Look into shops in your area if all else fails.

Contact me private if you want to know who I used.

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Bebop

My 32" Sony has been like that (green screen) for past year and refuse to die. The symptom goes away after turning off the TV. The 4 edges of the TV picture are way out of of convergence.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Lamfxs

Hi guys, I also don't think its the tube, I had a similar problem with my TV and it was convergence problem I had to replace one of the Amp. But maybe its different with yours. I got some great tips from a tech support site that have free live chat support and guaranteed solutions! Here is the page for Sony repair on that site if you need it.