• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Brewers in HD 5/18, 5/19

Started by Beast73, Tuesday May 15, 2007, 01:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrtanner

Quote from: RonH;39471I was looking at the Uverse channel lineup for milwaukee and didn't see any specific channel for FSNHD, only "regular", which decreased my excitment level about it.  This post leads me to believe UVerse does show FSNHD content.  Do they have a dedicated channel, do they create a temporary channel for the game, or does the regular channel "switch to HD"?

I just noticed that it is not listed in the published channel listing, but it does exist in the HD tier in the 1000s.  

It is handled just like TWC.  There is a dedicated FSNHD channel that is off-air most of the time.

Beast73

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;39462I'm not sure what the contract says, but for some reason FSNHD wasn't able to broadcast them...this is not just for RR but also AT&T Uverse put out the alert that the games wouldn't be available.  So chase after FSNHD, not your provider.

So, you're basically saying we have to chase down FSN to figure out why DirecTV won't broadcast these games.

It's truly disappointing, seeing as last year we received all the same games that TW broadcast in HD, usually on Ch. 94 or 95.  The thing that irritated me about this year, in particular that Twins series, was that it WAS showing on Ch. 96... but we weren't able to get it.

Just really sucks that DTV can't get the same game broadcast by a network FSNHD, that TW gets.  Just is complete BS.  I look forward to the whole 17 games we get in a year, and to date, haven't got a chance to see ONE of them in HD...

jkool

I noticed ESPN Baseball tonight had HD highlights of the Brewers/Marlins from FSN Florida. Was the game on TWC in HD?

Mrtanner

Quote from: jkool;39562I noticed ESPN Baseball tonight had HD highlights of the Brewers/Marlins from FSN Florida. Was the game on TWC in HD?

The game was not in HD in Wisconsin.  It was in HD on Fox Sports Net Florida.

Beast73

Today and tomorrow are once again, games broadcast in FSN-HD.  So, TW will be broadcasting them, and once again...nothing on DTV...

I contacted them, again, and the response was "it's a change to the contract.  We're sorry it wasn't brought to your awareness."  SO it looks like you need to purchase the MLB Extra Innings package, which is complete BS, seeing as in the past, we were able to get these games broadcast on 94 or 95.

I wonder if there's anybody that can be contacted on the issue with regards to why we just can't purchase the FSN package, and get any LOCAL games in HD...  Seeing as TW has them and DTV doesn't.

Flat out sucks.

Had I known this, I probably would've got TW because it's nice to watch Brewer Baseball and Bucks B-ball in HD...

Beast73

FINALLY

Yesterday, June 18, was the first HD Brewer broadcast on DirecTV.  FINALLY is all I can say.  It only took a few months, but hey, better late than never...  Funny thing is, around 845, due to the wonderful rainfall, a lost signal happened for around 20 mins...

Oh well, guess you can't win them all, but at least I got to see YoGa in glorious FSN-HD.

I'm happy that it was on.. but it sure would be nice for ALL the HD Brewer games to be there...

RRP

Quote from: Beast73;39727FINALLY

Ditto...  It was nice to finally see the brewers in HD..

Rich

Skywalker

Monday night's win against the Giants WAS in HD on 531 via TWC.  Despite the program guide not being updated for that channel, I tuned to it anyway, and lo and behold there was the game in glorious high-def.

RLJSlick

Damn it this is driving me nuts, how in the world can anyone know when the games really is being played on 531?!?!?  Time Warner really need to get their head out of the butts and info us of these things!!!! :bang:

Quote from: Skywalker;39731Monday night's win against the Giants WAS in HD on 531 via TWC.  Despite the program guide not being updated for that channel, I tuned to it anyway, and lo and behold there was the game in glorious high-def.
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

davezen2

While not as convenient as if they'd always have the program guide up to date, the schedule section at milwaukeebrewers.com lists all the games that are scheduled to be on FSN-HD...

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=mil

LoadStar

Was tonight the first night they used the FSN HD pillarbox graphics for 4:3 footage? First time I've seen them do that... previously they always used the blur/stretch technique. The pillarbox looked very good!

Who do I write to to try and get them to go 24/7 on 531 with upconverted pillarboxed simulcast of 31 when they're not carrying HD footage?