• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Can't listen to online radio of Clear Channel stations

Started by PaulKTF, Friday Jun 01, 2007, 02:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKTF

This is odd. I have Road Runner. All of the sudden; I can't listen to the online sterams of any Clear Channel owned stations (WISN, WOKY, etc). It will play the 15 second video ad, then load Windows Media Player in the window; and it stalls on "Connecting To Media".

The problem isn't anything on my computer- I can listen to streams of other ratio stations (The Hog, WTMJ, etc). Can anyone with Road Runner try to listen to WISN's stream and tell me if it works for you? Thanks! :)
-Paul

murdoc

I just checked and it's working for me.  I'm on a Mac with AT&T DSL if it matters.

PaulKTF

I'm pretty sure it might have something to do with Road Runner. I've emailed them but havn't gotten a response yet.
-Paul

waterhead

I just tried WOKY, and it worked OK. I have Earthlink cable internet, but it is really RoadRunner in disguise.

I connected with Linux, so maybe it is a Microsoft problem. :Smash:

LoadStar

Windows XP on a RoadRunner (Business Class) connection here, and no issues. Tested against The Brew's stream.

PaulKTF

If anyone cares, I found out what the problem was via a Google search (I typed in a description of the problem). Here's the solution to the problem:

In Windows Media Player 11's Network tab, under "Protocals for MMS URLs" I had to uncheck "RTSP/UDP" and "RTSP/TCP". I did that, and the streams on all the Clear Channel pages played fine again.

I have no idea how those two things got checked in the first place...
-Paul