News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Audio dropouts during Sopranos credits???

Started by Movin2Milwaukee, Friday May 04, 2007, 09:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Movin2Milwaukee

I posted this in TECHNICAL, but this forum seems to be getting more play.

Every single week, during the rolling credits at the end of "The Sopranos" on HBOHD (Time Warner), there are numerous audio dropouts. I am on TWC in North Milwaukee. Very strange, that this only happens during the credits. I am not 100% sure, but I think it may have happened during scrolling credits of other shows as well, but for sure...the Sopranos.

Has anyone else experienced this during Sopranos credits???

Rence

I don't watch Sopranos but I have experienced the exact same thing during the credits of The Tudors on Showtime.

Mark Strube

Is this noticed when viewing live, or is this purely DVR-ed content?

Movin2Milwaukee

Quote from: Mark Strube;39303Is this noticed when viewing live, or is this purely DVR-ed content?

Mark...good point, had not thought about that. It's always via DVR...the SA8300HD unit that TWC provides. Because of my crazy work schedule, I hardly ever get to watch anything live these days. I am guessing it's the DVR's problem? But why does it usually happen during the credits...I find that very bizarre.

Mark Strube

Ever since I've used the 8300HD, it's had weird issues with audio dropouts during certain "static" scenes... where nothing is changing in the image for a certain period of time... I believe I've only noticed this on HD channels. When viewed live, nothing is noticed, it's just some sort of recording bug they've never fixed. (As far as I've seen.)

Mykroft

I have noticed this too on HBO movies.  When the credits roll, there is a drop in the audio for a second.  Looking at my receiver, if the movie/show was in Dolby Digital, it drops out of DD to normal stereo audio.  I can see this plainly on my receiver's display.  I suspect this is some bandwidth management thing they do, or they figure we just don't care to have DD on the credits.