• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Future of analog cable with Time Warner?

Started by PaulKTF, Sunday Jun 03, 2007, 07:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oz

I love DVR too - I can never go back now.

While it's great most of the time, DVR scheduling through TWC can be improved.  I cannot rely on my DVR to record programs properly when the schedule changes due to sporting events running long or live shows not fitting exactly into the 30 or 60-minute time slots.

For instance, the end of this season's American Idol finally was cut off. That's kind of a big deal since they announce the show's winner at the end.  I realize that TWC didn't know the show would last an extra 2 minutes, but it would be nice if they somehow figured that out and took care of it for me.

It was also hard for me to record Amazing Race this year because the Sunday football games end at all different times, so I would get half of 60 Minutes and half of Amazing Race.  I solved this by recording the one or two shows that follow Amazing Race, but what a pain!

I've seen my DVR automatically record special shows that are scheduled to last 40 minutes instead of 30, I guess I just wish the updates could happen on the fly.