News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

$50 Logitech Harmony 659

Started by klwillis45, Wednesday May 30, 2007, 10:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klwillis45

jkane

Quote from: klwillis45;39521http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1090227&AffiliateID=lw9MynSeamY-uXbbZYQ6JGR6wUKpggY1yw

While I like my new 670 better, the 659 is still rock solid and a well worth your $$ to get rid of the remote shuffle.

NOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!

Trust me on this one.  Don't get that particular remote.  I have one sitting at home you can have for $40 if you insist!

The buttons don't press right.  They only half engage.  One of the ones on the lcd panel is so bad, it won't engage at all anymore.  :-(

If you have a PVR or something else where you use the ffw, rw, play, stop, pause buttons, this remote is your worst nightmare.  They are right at the bottom, and the remote is already top heavy.  It takes 2 hands to operate those buttons without the remote trying to fall out of your hand.

There are only 4 functions.  That ain't enough.  It needs more.

I have an 890 now and like it much better.  Not as ergonomic as my old MX-500.  But the online programming is very cool.  It also took all the customized stuff I had on the old one without me having to re-learn a single function.  I ahve two DiSH recievers, and they only provide codes for one remote control.  Had to teach it all the commands for the second remote.

Skip the 659 and get the 870 or 890.  They are worth the extra price!

CrashCamomilli

I had the 659 and was unhappy with it.

I would place a 2nd vote for the 670, color is pretty unimportant and I refuse to get a remote that has such poor battery life it almost has to live on its charger.

Bebop

Don't know why?  But their peanut remotes seem to drain batteries very fast. I have to change them on my 676 every few months.

On the other hand, my 550 been on the same set of batteries for over a year.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

AndrewP

Have no problems with 659. Works fine for me. Batterries? I have rechargable ones, so no problem here too:-)

sp44again

I hate the small plastic buttons on these remotes.