News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New to Milwaukee - OTA options?

Started by tony_roumonada, Wednesday May 16, 2007, 01:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony_roumonada

Hello everybody.  My wife and I will be relocating to Milwaukee from Seattle this month and living in the Bay View neighborhood.  I'm an admitted HD addict, but we won't be able to afford cable for awhile.  Will I have any luck getting OTA HD?  If so, do any of you guys have any antenna recommendations?  

Thanks much,
Tony

klwillis45

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Welcome. I live on the northside (Milwaukee/Brown Deer) and get all the Milwaukee HD locals with just a set of amplified rabbit ears.

waterhead

Welcome!

I have relatives that live in Seattle, They never even think about moving back to Milwaukee! :)

As for an antenna, it depends on your situation. Most forum members agree that the ChannelMaster 4228 Is one of the better ones, at around $40. It is meant as a rooftop antenna, but could be mounted in an attic. It can be purchased locally at Marmax Distribution, 68th St. & Rawson Ave (Franklin). You can get a tripod and mast there too.

Paul

Nels Harvey

Bay View is the near south side of Milwaukee.  The TV stations are on the near north side of Milwaukee.  You shouldn't have a major problem, especially if you use the Channel Master antenna.

The networks are all HD OTA, but the CBS outlet in Milwaukee seems to have a somewhat poorer signal, IMHO.

Welcome to the Milwaukee area.  My daughter lives in the Queen Ann Hill region of Seattle, and my Son lives just north of West Tiger Mt, in Preston, WA.  I don't think either wants to move back here, but you never know!

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.