• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

What's this about??

Started by gb4fan92, Friday Jun 08, 2007, 09:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb4fan92

Found this on Excite news:

An agreement has yet to be reached between cable and consumer electronics makers on technical standards for interactive technology. The digital cable-ready TVs now in circulation can receive but not transmit data, creating a one-way street that limits their appeal to consumers.

Some cable companies have struck agreements individually with manufacturers like Samsung Electronics America.

Samsung is testing a two-way digital TV in Milwaukee with Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) but a wider rollout of similar models won't be available until next year, said Stephen Goldstein, director of business development at Samsung Electronics America.

Anyone have one of these?  Why didn't they call me to test one of these? :bang: :bang:

LowSignal

If you worked at time warner you could beta it,but  Im sure you make more money not working for TWC.

Bebop

Two-Way? Does that mean you can complain via your cable box?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Mikey

Quote from: Bebop;39638Two-Way? Does that mean you can complain via your cable box?

There isn't enough bandwidth to handle the volume of complaint information streaming from TW customers.

:rof:

Bebop

Good one. :)

They will probably roll out their new traffic shaping software to prevent that from happening.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

RLJSlick

No kidding, I would fill up their volume alone. :)

Quote from: Mikey;39655There isn't enough bandwidth to handle the volume of complaint information streaming from TW customers.

:rof:
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

4runnergusto

Quote from: Bebop;39638Two-Way? Does that mean you can complain via your cable box?

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there, I tell you what.