• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV & Ch 10-1, 10-2 mess

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Monday May 07, 2007, 12:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

I have several DirecTV units -- one is a Tivo, the other is not.  Apparently, the channel information being sent by digital ch 10 (10-1 and 10-2) is screwed up.  Both my units report 10-1 as 4-1.  That is, I have two 4-1 menu items; one really 10-1, and the other the real 4-1 (NBC).   This just started happening, so, apparently, the info being sent by ch 10 is erroneous, at leasy insofar as DirecTV is concerned.

Ch 36-1 is OK, as are the other 10-n's.

Ch 10 must have done something to confuse DirecTV.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Is Ch 10 fixing their problem?

Stan

Bluto

Quote from: Stanley Kritzik;39338I have several DirecTV units -- one is a Tivo, the other is not.  Apparently, the channel information being sent by digital ch 10 (10-1 and 10-2) is screwed up.  Both my units report 10-1 as 4-1.  That is, I have two 4-1 menu items; one really 10-1, and the other the real 4-1 (NBC).   This just started happening, so, apparently, the info being sent by ch 10 is erroneous, at leasy insofar as DirecTV is concerned.

Ch 36-1 is OK, as are the other 10-n's.

Ch 10 must have done something to confuse DirecTV.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Is Ch 10 fixing their problem?

Stan

I have the same problem.  10-1 guide data shows up as 4-1.  10-2 guide data shows up as 4-2.  TMJ's 4-1 and 4-2 guide data still exist.  And 10-1 and 10-2's guide data shows as 'Regular Programming'.

I noticed this problem Sunday a.m.

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: Bluto;39339I have the same problem.  10-1 guide data shows up as 4-1.  10-2 guide data shows up as 4-2.  TMJ's 4-1 and 4-2 guide data still exist.  And 10-1 and 10-2's guide data shows as 'Regular Programming'.

I noticed this problem Sunday a.m.

Yes, I have exactly the same situation -- on a Tivo and another unit from D*.  So, since everything else is OK, I assume that the Ch 10 programming info. being sent is screwed up (I forget what the data is called), and it ruins searching, pre-setting programs to record, etc.

SK

bubbaridesfast

I noticed the same thing yesterday when I actually checked for the weather on 4-2. BTW this isn't a D* thing it's OTA guide info as I don't think D* even carries 10-1, 10-2 etc.

murdoc

Yeah I've got that on my HR10-250 as well.  It looks like an OTA issue, but what software version do you have.  I have 6.3d which was downloaded last week sometime.  I tried to clear and rescan the OTA channels, but it was still there and 10-1 and 10-2 showed up as MPTV-DT with no channel information.

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: murdoc;39350Yeah I've got that on my HR10-250 as well.  It looks like an OTA issue, but what software version do you have.  I have 6.3d which was downloaded last week sometime.  I tried to clear and rescan the OTA channels, but it was still there and 10-1 and 10-2 showed up as MPTV-DT with no channel information.

I also have a Samsung that I haven't looked at, but based on both D*s units showing wrong info, I assume it's either a change in what Ch 10 sends as programming info., or a change in the way D* is interpreting the info.  It is hard to know who to complain to, who cares, etc.  If it was a widespread problem, we'd get action.  For this situation, I don't know.

Like you, I cleared and re-scanned my HR10-250 (Tivo), and it still failed.

SK

kjnorman

I have the same problem.  I manged to fix it up by clearing all OTA channels and rescanning.

This gave me 10-1 and 10-2 back.  I still had 10-1 and 10-2 duplicated as 4-1 and 4-2 causing me to have two 4-1 and two 4-2 so I went into channels that I receive and the deselected the duplicated 4-1 and 4-2.

A bit of a bodge to fix but it works...