• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

U-Verse in Waukesha

Started by kevbeck122, Monday May 14, 2007, 07:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

Anyone know if u-verse is available in Waukesha?  I'm going to be looking for a place near Carroll College; possibly on College Ave, West Ave, etc. or somewhere around there.  I was just wondering if it's available in that part of Waukesha (or any for that matter).

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: kevbeck122;39405Anyone know if u-verse is available in Waukesha?  I'm going to be looking for a place near Carroll College; possibly on College Ave, West Ave, etc. or somewhere around there.  I was just wondering if it's available in that part of Waukesha (or any for that matter).
Yes Uverse is available in portions of Waukesha...however service areas are spotty right now...the only way to be sure is to go to uverse.att.net and put in the service address to see.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

kevbeck122

The place I was looking at on Dunbar says unavailable.  Probably a mile or two from there on College Ave. I noticed someone pinned that they had u-verse on one of the unofficial maps floating around.. so I'm wondering where the VRAD is.  Is this something I would be able to get in an apartment?

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: kevbeck122;39433The place I was looking at on Dunbar says unavailable.  Probably a mile or two from there on College Ave. I noticed someone pinned that they had u-verse on one of the unofficial maps floating around.. so I'm wondering where the VRAD is.  Is this something I would be able to get in an apartment?

Yes there are a lot of apartment buildings that have the service.  As long as they have a Vrad close and serving them.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

LoadStar

I saw an unusual number of AT&T vehicles in one place yesterday as I was driving down West College about a block or so west of Grand... don't know what that means, if anything. I couldn't see any actual AT&T people doing any work, but I didn't stop to take a look around.

kevbeck122

What about Menomonee Falls?  I saw 3 or 4 AT&T trucks on Main St. next to Village Bowl... looked like there were some warning poles for buried fiber and they were digging in the ground.  Possibly a VRAD location?  Right now I'm at the Germantown-Menomonee Falls border near Old Falls Village.. which would be too far if that was a possible VRAD location.

Gregg Lengling

Right now the limit on Distance from a VRAD is 2300 feet of cable.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Bluto

Quote from: kevbeck122;39496What about Menomonee Falls?  I saw 3 or 4 AT&T trucks on Main St. next to Village Bowl... looked like there were some warning poles for buried fiber and they were digging in the ground.  Possibly a VRAD location?  Right now I'm at the Germantown-Menomonee Falls border near Old Falls Village.. which would be too far if that was a possible VRAD location.

I also saw several AT&T trucks at the corner of Pilgrim and Silver Spring in Falls earlier this week.  It looks like they are working on getting Falls set up.

Absopo

I thought this service was supposed to be Milwaukee only? Why were folks saying that?

gparris

Sort of confusing, isn't it?:(

The "drop downs" on the U-Verse site indicate Milwaukee and Racine counties only, yet that seems to mean Waukesha County, too, from what has been reported.

I know its going to be a long while before my county, Kenosha, gets the franchise going with what goes on locally around here...:rolleyes:

Gregg Lengling

Cedarburg and Grafton have available neighborhoods also.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Bigdog

Do you know where in Grafton it is available?