• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Blu-ray Gains Sales Edge

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Mar 01, 2007, 01:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Sony's High-Def DVDs Outselling Rival Thanks to PS3

Powered by the launch of the PlayStation 3 game system, sales of Sony Blu-ray titles have surpassed Toshiba HD DVDs.

http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=616
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

gparris

If that is true about more BD being sold over HD-DVD discs, then that explains why Best Buy has it selection more BD picked over vs. the HD-DVD side.

If I go on a Tuesday, which is a new-release day for DVDs, including the newly released BDs which are also available, I usually find my discs selection.
By the time Saturday afternoon rolls around, the BD discs are soldout, even the one or two that were not new releases.

This happens at both the Best Buy and the CC stores I visit, though the CC store BD sales area has them on separate racks, away from the DVDs altogether - located in the HDTV sales area.
I thought it was sort of an odd location, since there are no BD players about on display close enough by, but it seemed "normal" for the CC employees when you ask them about it.:rolleyes:

Having PS3 and Panasonic BD player (one BD player for both HDTVs), I get just BD now, unless that particular title is sold out and one of the three studios is supporting HD-DVD that release, then I get the HD-DVD disc.
I refer my HD-A1 Toshiba players as the Toshiba player or more recently, "the Universal player", as in the studio that supports HD-DVD only.