• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC vs. DirecTV in Milwaukee area

Started by drdave, Monday Feb 26, 2007, 10:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdave

I'm finally ready to plunge into HDTV.  I've had DirecTV for a long time, and I love it.  I am willing, within reason, to upgrade to the HD DirecTV equipment..IF its worth it.........appreciate all of your biased opinions....thanks Dave

Gregg Lengling

Unless TWC does something drastic in the near future you will have much more HD via Directv at this time.  As long as Directv's lauches coming up don't explode before reaching orbit.:rof:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

picopir8

Considering D* does not yet have all of those promised channels, I would recommend going with TWC until D* makes good on their promises.  It sure would suck to get locked into a 2yr contract and then find out the launch schedule has been delayed or you have to pay much more for all the promised HD channels.  At least with TWC there are no contracts so one can switch the day D* starts offering decent HD packages and if D* falls short of their promises then you are not locked in.

bradsmainsite

I would consider just adding off-air (antenna) if possible no monthly price change or contracts to deal with keep you directv until things shake out and see if it is enough content for you now.  It will at least get you into the HD world with little
hassel if again it is possible based on your location.  

If this is not possible I to believe TWC for now is probably your best choice and with your layoff from directv they may then court you back with some new great offer.;)