• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

U-Verse Officially Available in Milwaukee.

Started by Bebop, Wednesday Feb 28, 2007, 01:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbest1797

Quote from: e-man;38408So, with a couple of hours into the service, I'm very impressed with the channel selection (didn't know we'd get ch's 18 & 24 in HD as well).  I'll keep everyone posted.  I just set up some recordings.

1018 and 1024 don't appear to actually be HD channels.  The calls signs don't include the HD and the primetime stuff doesn't seem to be labeled as such.  They probably don't have a deal with Sinclair yet.  Hopefully they are place holders for soon to be ready HD channels.  I also noticed FSNHD on 1344 which isn't listed on the channel guide they gave me.   I find the PQ on some channels dissapointing namely ESPN.  The bottomline doesn't look as clear as on TW and occasionally the picture gets a little blurry and dark.  I noticed a lip sync issue on HDnet while watching Iron Eagle yesterday.  The problem was not present on TWC.  I do wish I could afford to get my sets calibrated so I could make a better comparison.  There is also the occasional macroblock but it isn't often enough to hurt anything to bad.  I've had some freezing on occasion as well.  I left the TV on when I left to run errands and when I came back it was frozen.  I'm not sure how long it was like that.  I expect some growing pains during the rollout and hope things just get better from hear.  Other than the few gripes I've been satisfied so far.  The internet service did 2x better in that speedtest than the RR that I had before.

Tom

StarvingForHDTV

Does your set top box have an antenna input?  Maybe you could get 18 & 24 HD by antenna.  Then perhaps you could record a second HD stream.

Jimboy

Quote from: tbest1797;384171018 and 1024 don't appear to actually be HD channels.  The calls signs don't include the HD and the primetime stuff doesn't seem to be labeled as such.  They probably don't have a deal with Sinclair yet.  Hopefully they are place holders for soon to be ready HD channels.  I also noticed FSNHD on 1344 which isn't listed on the channel guide they gave me.   I find the PQ on some channels dissapointing namely ESPN.  The bottomline doesn't look as clear as on TW and occasionally the picture gets a little blurry and dark.  I noticed a lip sync issue on HDnet while watching Iron Eagle yesterday.  The problem was not present on TWC.  I do wish I could afford to get my sets calibrated so I could make a better comparison.  There is also the occasional macroblock but it isn't often enough to hurt anything to bad.  I've had some freezing on occasion as well.  I left the TV on when I left to run errands and when I came back it was frozen.  I'm not sure how long it was like that.  I expect some growing pains during the rollout and hope things just get better from hear.  Other than the few gripes I've been satisfied so far.  The internet service did 2x better in that speedtest than the RR that I had before.

Tom

Tom

If there is any question of "Is it 18 & 24 HD?" just watch at either 7pm or 8pm when the ID on the channel comes in. It should look like the following attached images.....those id's only air on the digital channels during network programming.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: StarvingForHDTV;38418Does your set top box have an antenna input?  Maybe you could get 18 & 24 HD by antenna.  Then perhaps you could record a second HD stream.

There is no provision on the Motorola Boxes for an external antenna and there is no tuner included with them.  If you want OTA stuff you need your own tuner and antenna.  I'm going to find out if they are planning or if they do offer 18 and 24 or if they are still ramping up their local Video acquisition site.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Jon E D

Where in Racine is Uverse currently available?  An AT&T salesman came by my house but my wife told him to come back when I would be home, he never did.   A couple days ago I called up AT&T to try to order the service and they said it wasn't available in my neighborhood yet, and have no clue when it will be.  When I asked about the salesman she siad she didn't no why he would come by if it wasn't available.

I live near Graceland Cemetary, anyone around there getting Uverse yet?

Gregg Lengling

The best way is to watch for construction of a new hub.  They have to install a device in your neighborhood which will physically be located by the Cross Connect.  The cross connect is a wiring box that terminates the cable from the Central Office and they has the wiring points to connect the cables going to the neighborhood and eventually your home.  You can keep using the link on the U-verse site to look up your address regularly and see if it is available.  I don't have the direct link but it's at the uverse.att.com site.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

mitzymoo

I also called att and they said  it wasnt available in my area either. I live off washington by lees deli. Answer back racine uverse users!!!!!

Mrtanner

I'm on the north side of Racine near 4 1/2 and Charles.  My install is scheduled for Wednesday.