• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Transferring Explorer 8000HD DVR to DVD Recorder

Started by Brewman19, Saturday Feb 24, 2007, 08:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewman19

Hello I am trying to record some DVR recordings to DVD.  I am trying to transfer using a Scientific America Explorer 8000HD DVR from Time Warner Cable to a Toshiba D-RW2 DVD Recorder.  Can I get some help on how I would hook this up?  I don't necessaraly need to record in HD, but someone I talked to thought I might need to use HDMI, just because the DVR is HD.  Can some please help me!

Thanks!
Jason

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Brewman19;37972Hello I am trying to record some DVR recordings to DVD.  I am trying to transfer using a Scientific America Explorer 8000HD DVR from Time Warner Cable to a Toshiba D-RW2 DVD Recorder.  Can I get some help on how I would hook this up?  I don't necessaraly need to record in HD, but someone I talked to thought I might need to use HDMI, just because the DVR is HD.  Can some please help me!

Thanks!
Jason

I don't think it will allow you to record via HDMI if there is a "Flag".  I send things to DVD (in SD format) using the composite video and audio jacks.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Brewman19

Sorry I am technology challenged could you please explaing again what I would need to connect.

Thanks!
Jason

LoadStar

In short, you hook up the DVD burner just like you'd hook up a VCR. Connect a composite (RCA) cable or S-Video from the cable box to the DVD burner, then the DVD burner to the TV. Start recording on the DVD burner, then hit play on the cable box. Simple as that.

I'm sure the owner's manual for the DVD burner will have more detailed hookup information.