News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

8300 SA w/ TWC

Started by smack, Friday Feb 16, 2007, 10:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smack

I don't know if this is appropriate or not. (I think it is ok to do it).......

I was wondering if you are able to record to a 8300 SA HD w/ TWC and burn the programs onto a DVD for archiving and/or later viewing?

Do I need a SATA HD to record ?  Then hook up to PC via USB?  Am I then able to burn it to a DVD?  With what program?  If anyone can help.......thank you.

Or can you record and then burn the files to a DVD and transfer them back to the 8300 to watch later.

I am a D* guy myself, but this is for the parents.  Any help with options?

Thanks

smack

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: smack;37750I don't know if this is appropriate or not. (I think it is ok to do it).......

I was wondering if you are able to record to a 8300 SA HD w/ TWC and burn the programs onto a DVD for archiving and/or later viewing?

Do I need a SATA HD to record ?  Then hook up to PC via USB?  Am I then able to burn it to a DVD?  With what program?  If anyone can help.......thank you.

Or can you record and then burn the files to a DVD and transfer them back to the 8300 to watch later.

I am a D* guy myself, but this is for the parents.  Any help with options?

Thanks

smack
The 8300 will only output achival footage on the SD outputs.  Unless you have some sort of Component or HDMI input card on your computer to take the stream and format it for DVD burning you are out of luck.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

smack

What if the 8300 were to record to an external SATA hard drive.  Could you then plug it into a computer?

Would windows be able to recognize / play the file?

Thanks -

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: smack;37761What if the 8300 were to record to an external SATA hard drive.  Could you then plug it into a computer?

Would windows be able to recognize / play the file?

Thanks -

No the file and data format is proprietary.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}